Wednesday - V - West Brom OMDT

Would you make changes?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Stick with a winning side?

• Yes
    • No

Thought the scoreline flattered them. Couldn't fault the effort and intent, some tired legs in the second half. 

Considering we're seriously bereft of depth of quality up front and tonight at the back, not sure what else we could have done differently.

Hope their heads don't drop for Sunday as performance wise thought we maintained our standard. 

• Like 3

“Normal service has resumed”

Clearly forgotten what the normal was prior to lockdown, because these performances are a significant improvement on that crap served up. Last 3 games I’ve seen more effort and desire than I’ve seen during the first half of the season. We were simply beaten by the better team 

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 4

I’ve been quite critical of performances this season but don’t think that was too bad.  Decent first half, spoiled by unfortunate penalty - a shame because other than that Odubajo did ok.  Reach was well off the pace but at half time I was still optimistic.  We fell away in second half, but Lee was an improvement when he came on, Wickham did well all night and Murphy looked excellent at times (although still has that ability to frustrate).  Other than Lee we had nothing much to offer from the bench, but nice cameo at the end from Hunt.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

You might as well bring on Douglas Bader as bring on dobbin. 

I call bringing on the worst striker in the history of the world a statement of intent 

Why bother? 

Hargreaves, I demand the Negs back!

• Thanks 1

It's back to normal with Monks appalling use of subs. Or is the owner picking the team again.

We only used four subs. It's totally pointless bringing dobbin on. He's the oppositions 12th man 

Every manager since the owner took charge, apart from Bruce, has been totally unable to use their subs properly. I don't expect would allow the owner to pick his teams. 

The way we use our subs smacks of complete inexperience and incompetence. 

Pelapussy has a new contact for some unknown reason and he's not stepped foot on the pitch once. Why bother signing him. Personally, I think he's a passenger but he's got a new contract so play him. 

Monks peculiarities, blacklists etc don't bode well for next season. 

Whatever division we are in, we can't get promoted with such inconsistencies, peculiarities, blacklists and interference from the owner. 

Guest Bulgaria

Surely if DC was picking the team, he would insist on playing Joey, what with him giving him a new contract?

11 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

noticed Atdhe having a long chat with their manager at end of game 

Trying to sort out a transfer perhaps? 

I'm a lip reader and the chat was along the lines of

Fancy joining us if we get in the prem ?

Atdhe  , no I love this club , they dont mind the fact I never score

Well here's my number if you have a change of heart, we need a forward who can really rip the prem a new one 

Make of that what you will 

13 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Speak the same language?

Is he a Croatian? Serious question as I don't know the playler. Anyway  I thought you  played really well for 38 minutes. and ok until half time. Pereira hit form in the 2nd half. Glad we bought him. hopefully this will kickstart us again. As we played well against Blues but just couldn't score. Could do with a Brentford draw, but, it's in our own hands.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

Is he a Croatian? Serious question as I don't know the playler. Anyway  I thought you  played really well for 38 minutes. and ok until half time. Pereira hit form in the 2nd half. Glad we bought him. hopefully this will kickstart us again. As we played well against Blues but just couldn't score. Could do with a Brentford draw, but, it's in our own hands.

He was born in Pristina in Kosovo to Albanian parents.  He played for Austrian U21's but ended up getting a Kosovan passport and representing them at International level.  I did have an idea about it but I looked it up as well.  Yea I'm aware there is 'history' between Kosovo and Croatia.

2 hours ago, the monk said:

I'm a lip reader and the chat was along the lines of

Fancy joining us if we get in the prem ?

Atdhe  , no I love this club , they dont mind the fact I never score

Well here's my number if you have a change of heart, we need a forward who can really rip the prem a new one 

Make of that what you will 

Nice to hear a story with some fact behind it. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

He was born in Pristina in Kosovo to Albanian parents.  He played for Austrian U21's but ended up getting a Kosovan passport and representing them at International level.  I did have an idea about it but I looked it up as well.  Yea I'm aware there is 'history' between Kosovo and Croatia.

Cheers bossman