SWFC Finances - A major worry?

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

Presenter now??!??  😂

Next you’ll be telling me he hosts Newshour on R4!!

seriously though, it’s just my opinion of him and his “work”.

Sorry mate but I'm not taking you seriously anymore

You've wandered into Wednesday town firing off your guns at any presenter/journalist you can like some angry bitter anti-media type

Your bullets are misfires and aimed in the wrong direction entirely..

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Journo??!!

I am then!

Why’s there some weird obsession on this forum that everyone is better than the local journos and even national ones, it’s like everyone got booted out of journalism courses and are bitter as death or something !?!      Nixon gets dogs abuse for putting stories out , that’s generally turn out to be correct and people get proper angry mad that he’s right because he’s just some ‘chancer’ on Twitter 

Another Bizarre Owlstalk carry on 

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

😂

Take a step back and read your post again mate, talk about toys out of pram, differing opinions, s’all it is, chill!

No toys out of pram here mate

It was just a lighthearted way of saying you're chatting nonsense firing off at  Peter Loehmann and Rob Staton

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Royal_D said:

Why’s there some weird obsession on this forum that everyone is better than the local journos and even national ones, it’s like everyone got booted out of journalism courses and are bitter as death or something !?!      Nixon gets dogs abuse for putting stories out , that’s generally turn out to be correct and people get proper angry mad that he’s right because he’s just some ‘chancer’ on Twitter 

Another Bizarre Owlstalk carry on 

It's mad isn't it!

Totally and utterly bizarre 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I have absolutely no idea about this guy on Twitter, or the reliability of his output. And even if I did look at it, there's no guarantee I'd be able to refute or confirm much of it.

But I am all too familiar with the psychology of those who perceive anything less than blind faith in the club as some kind of treason and that the source has to be battered until it stops twitching. And this thread has descended into farce now. The perilous nature of football finance is accepted by just about everybody; probably including many of those responsible for it. It's like trying to reason with Donald Trump and all those ignorant, loudmouthed, bigoted gun toting maniac hillbillies who support him no matter what he does.

• Like 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I have absolutely no idea about this guy on Twitter, or the reliability of his output. And even if I did look at it, there's no guarantee I'd be able to refute or confirm much of it.

But I am all too familiar with the psychology of those who perceive anything less than blind faith in the club as some kind of treason and that the source has to be battered until it stops twitching. And this thread has descended into farce now. The perilous nature of football finance is accepted by just about everybody; probably including many of those responsible for it. It's like trying to reason with Donald Trump and all those ignorant, loudmouthed, bigoted gun toting maniac hillbillies who support him no matter what he does.

Yep

This

It's like some badge of honour to shout down any local journo/writer/presenter/article/publication

It's tedious as FOOOOOOOKERY

Thankfully we've weedled most of it out but there are still some who keep popping on to show their uberfan status by slagging em off

lol

It's just tedious having to put up with reading it though

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I'm going to withdraw what I said about parochial

You were right Neil. 

And another thread turned from a solid discussion and debate into one where someone comes on and just shouts down the article/journalist/writer

It happens

EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME

I really do just need to start deleting posts made by folk who just pop on to wave their willies about slagging off anyone in the media or who sticks their neck out to write about or mention Sheffield Wednesday as it ruins the site

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And another thread turned from a solid discussion and debate into one where someone comes on and just shouts down the article/journalist/writer

It happens

EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME

I really do just need to start deleting posts made by folk who just pop on to wave their willies about slagging off anyone in the media or who sticks their neck out to write about or mention Sheffield Wednesday as it ruins the site

Horse has bolted pal. 

Its been a feature of discussions on here for years. Shoot the messenger

Just now, Grandad said:

Horse has bolted pal. 

Its been a feature of discussions on here for years. Shoot the messenger

Yep

I do feel that most people have now realised the utter stupidity of it though and have stopped doing it

Just the odd ones we need to pick off now and we can then finally get back to a proper mature discussion

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

I do feel that most people have now realised the utter stupidity of it though and have stopped doing it

Just the odd ones we need to pick off now and we can then finally get back to a proper mature discussion

Mature??

Oh sh it