SWFC Finances - A major worry?

8 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

But some on here confuse being concerned with actually wanting us to go to the wall. Weirdly enough.

Exactly. None of us would want that to happen and hopefully it doesn’t. However there are very valid reasons to be concerned.

It’s the same situation at many football clubs but it doesn’t make it any less of a worry

• Like 1

Just now, TrueOwl said:

All i'm saying is that he needs to supplement the income of the club with revenue from external sources as he can't keep raiding his personal savings day in day out to keep up out of the brown stuff.

That is true and would not stop any of the Chansiri family investing either from their own personal wealth or the myriad of private businesses they also own. Thai Union does not belong to the Chansiri family. It is a listed company and are answerable to the entire shareholder base on investments or other use of company funds. 

20 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

We don't need £100,000 a day to keep going (in normal times)

We need £30k a day (ie to maximise FFP threshold of £13m a year) and we need shrewd management in the transfer market.

eg....

Don't buy Jordan Rhodes

Sell FF at top of his value

Sell Adam Rrach at top of his value

Sell Tom Lees at top of his value

Sign Michael Hector rather than loan in the first place.

Take.the decisions above and we're probably £30m better off with a better squad.

Yes, I'm using a big bagful of hindsight to say this is what we should have done,. but I'm not a football professional and these are the kind of decisions people at Brentford, Soithampton and others get right year on year.

I agree £100k per day is an exaggerated  figure but fact still remains for Chansiri to leave we need to find someone with very, very deep pockets and for Chansiri to sell at a big loss. Neither are impossible but it is unlikely.

11 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

He should be liable for when the poo hits the fan.

He has made the decisions, he has caused the problem.

Yet the fans will be the ones to suffer as usual.

Erm... the fans will definitely suffer for sure.

but

Losing 100,000 a day? That is some liability on its own

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

That is true and would not stop any of the Chansiri family investing either from their own personal wealth or the myriad of private businesses they also own. Thai Union does not belong to the Chansiri family. It is a listed company and are answerable to the entire shareholder base on investments or other use of company funds. 

It is unfortunate that so far he does not appear to have been able to bring other investors onboard. Presumably he's tried, I know it's a money pit vanity project but what makes us so different.

Guest Mcguigan
26 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Provided we stay up we have a chance to rebuild the side properly, debts are only to Chansiri, have posted a profit in the accounts. Think we could be in a very good position.

Without the sale of Jack Hunt for a couple of £m, which we included in the 17/18 accounts having extended them by two months, we'd have posted a loss. And that would have been including the stadium sale profit.

Very good position?  Not for a long while yet.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that we are making huge losses. This is a loss making industry and relies on the mega wealthy to prop it up. 

Whether we lose 1m, 10m or 100m if the losses aren’t covered it’s a big worry. Chansiri seems to be getting us to a position where he spends less and we perhaps tread water for a while. 

If this is true it doesnt suprise me one bit, club is ran by a bunch of elephants anyway and can't wait to see the next set of accounts for P&S ...make sure you all laugh when be shoot past the 39M mark like a rocket.

Alarmbells rang years ago, and yet again I'm finding myself saying football is ruined in general. 

There will still be some fans still bowing to Chansiri in the street or wanting a statue of Manderic on Leppings Lane.

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

That Peter Lohmann fella seems to pop up a lot on Twitter and nearly all his hypothesis about the clubs potentially precarious finances nearly always get blown out of the water by, a) actual events proving him to have been completely wide of the mark and, b) experts tearing apart his calculations.

He’s trying too hard.

He's one of the most calm, sensible and reliable people there is to dissect what's happening regarding finances

Owlstalk Shop

This is sums up exactly why we need a different approach with hungry players who are success driven rather than by money first - a strict wage structure with players earning same amount - worked for a club not too far away .... they have been able to come and go as they please and earn these big wages for far too long - lets hope the manager has made chansiri see sense ... also lets not forget he bought RHodes for the fans and that was probably why we ended up in this mess!

He might be, he’s never right about anything though

He really is though mate

He's regularly correct in what he says - he has a proven track record over many many years which is why people ask him to break things down for them or why podcasts refer to him for information etc

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah this is misleading.

He's not ploughing 100k a day to keep us running. It's 100k a day if we add up and then divide everything he has spent in the time he has been here.

We're still in trouble, but I think this thread could have been worded better.

It evens shows in the graphs posted that our expenses are falling, year on year siunce the horror show of 2017/2018 Spendageddon.

Guest Grandad

Pretty much every analysis Ive seen Peter do has been absolutely spot on - and he predicted the EFL charges about 2 years before they happened

Our expenses seem to be coming under control and falling?

Or am I missing something?

If we don't repeat the silly transfer windows of previous years, we will be ok, no?

image.png.c128e6ad83a7b13ef6a876663c01e083.png

Edited by Matt_1

Guest Grandad

Really!  😂

Thats like watching your train home into view and turning to the person in the queue next to you...”train’s ere”.

Its a pity the Chairman didnt see them coming with such clarity