Jump to content
@owlstalk

SWFC Finances - A major worry?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Sheer negligence daring to have a bit of ambition (because he could afford it) to try and get to the PL and not do a Dave Allen or Milan and be content as a league one/champ YO YO club 

 

Can’t wait for next owner to come along and bring those exciting times back, but then least our apathetic fan base might shurrup whining when kids for a quid is back and we can look like a big club in league one again 

What in the name of god are you talking about man.

Milan was far from happy with us been a YO YO club and we saw year upon year improvement from a modest input.

Chansiri gives it Billy Bigbollocks for 2 season and has to sell the ground to cover his the losses he has made spending obscene amounts of money on uttershite.

Like I say  no questions his ambition but it's there for all to see, the man hasn't a clue what he is doing.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

What in the name of god are you talking about man.

Milan was far from happy with us been a YO YO club and we saw year upon year improvement from a modest input.

Chansiri gives it Billy Bigbollocks for 2 season and has to sell the ground to cover his the losses he has made spending obscene amounts of money on uttershite.

Like I say  no questions his ambition but it's there for all to see, the man hasn't a clue what he is doing.


We was going nowhere fast under Milan , the man who wanted to sell us to Mammadov because he cared so much about the club 

 

His modest Input got us out of league one I’ll give you that much, but wouldn’t have kept us in the championship much longer had he stayed , hence YO-YO club and that’s what we will becomes when DC leaves and we get the next caretaker owner 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

We are not losing that now though are we, that is just what it works out at over the entire time if you account for all the bad signings and lack of sales.

Err, no it doesn't. That would mean we were losing far more than £100K a day in previous years. £100K a day equates to £36.5M per season which is almost the 3 year loss allowance under p&s rules so if we'd been losing those levels each season for the past 5 years, I think we'd be in a far worse state than we are currently. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


We was going nowhere fast under Milan , the man who wanted to sell us to Mammadov because he cared so much about the club 

 

His modest Input got us out of league one I’ll give you that much, but wouldn’t have kept us in the championship much longer had he stayed , hence YO-YO club and that’s what we will becomes when DC leaves and we get the next caretaker owner 


Finished comfortably midtable in Milan’s last season. Already had Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Lees, Loovens, Palmer and Nuhiu at the club and you think he wouldn’t have kept us in the championship much longer? 
 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pat blondeau said:


Finished comfortably midtable in Milan’s last season. Already had Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Lees, Loovens, Palmer and Nuhiu at the club and you think he wouldn’t have kept us in the championship much longer? 
 


100% 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tenor.gif?itemid=7264048&key=6434563208e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


100% 


After we came back up in 2012, the league position improved every year under Milan until he left.
 

The basis of the squad was already here (5 of the squad are still here now) so I can’t see how you think Milan would have relegated us

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:


After we came back up in 2012, the league position improved every year under Milan until he left.
 

The basis of the squad was already here (5 of the squad are still here now) so I can’t see how you think Milan would have relegated us


He wouldn’t have spent a single penny more, he was so desperate to sell he landed us with Azerbaijan land of no money and a crook in Mammadov 

 

So forgive me for thinking we would have struggled to stay in this league under his continued ownership 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:


He wouldn’t have spent a single penny more, he was so desperate to sell he landed us with Azerbaijan land of no money and a crook in Mammadov 

 

So forgive me for thinking we would have struggled to stay in this league under his continued ownership 

So if he landed us with a crook in Mamadov, what makes you think that DC is all, knowing, virtuous and wise? Is it just because he's thrown a few bob at it?

 

Quite frankly he's behaving like a clueless gambling addict, stuck at the roulette table, already incurring massive losses and praying for a miracle that the next turn of the wheel bails him out of the poo !

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The joy of insomnia.......

 

Up to 31st July 2018 - figures in the accounts rounded up

 

Shareholder loan   78m

 

New share capital  6m

 

Total invested 84m 

 

Number of days (I reckon 1232 or so up to July 18)

 

Amount per day 68k

 

Though you can presumably add on to that the value of sponsorship paid in directly 6k a day ? Over that period

 

So I disagree the 100k per day but still a fairly daunting let's call it 75k per day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The joy of insomnia.......

 

Up to 31st July 2018 - figures in the accounts rounded up

 

Shareholder loan   78m

 

New share capital  6m

 

Total invested 84m 

 

Number of days (I reckon 1232 or so up to July 18)

 

Amount per day 68k

 

Though you can presumably add on to that the value of sponsorship paid in directly 6k a day ? Over that period

 

So I disagree the 100k per day but still a fairly daunting let's call it 75k per day

You missed out the "sale" of the ground in that year. S3 (or S4 before it was dissolved) must have the financial guarantees as well otherwise it traded insolvent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OK then Maybe said:

You missed out the "sale" of the ground in that year. S3 (or S4 before it was dissolved) must have the financial guarantees as well otherwise it traded insolvent.

 

At 31st July 2018 no actual money had changed hands, it was simply a paper transaction. 

 

The accounts show S3 Ltd will pay 7.5m per season over 8 seasons to get to the 60m owed. 

 

Mr C will put that money into S3 to pay SWFC for that debt. I presume that will be instead of increasing his shareholder loan in SWFC Ltd

 

The sale of the stadium to effectively himself does not cost him actual cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we've spent 100K per day since he took over? A drop in the ocean compared to Man City, who have spent £410k per day on transfers alone in the last 5 years, and £1.5bn in the last 10 years on transfers, without wages on top.

 

This is completely out of context, and a huge misrepresentation of the financial state of the club. As others have said, we may have spent 100k, but we recieved 47k back, and out of that 53k, 5k per day was spent on Jordan Rhodes transfer. £500 per day on the new pitch. If JVA cost us £2M, then 1K per day on his transfer. And on and on it goes, and I've not even bothered including wages in this, which will no doubt take up the vast majority of the what has been spent. 

 

This isn't worrying in the slightest, if one spends about 5 minutes to work out the real figures and where they went. But yet some people want to jump on the Doom 'n' Gloom wagon because it's easier than working out the truth!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I say I think its nearer to 75k per day but it's hardly like we didn't know this. The last accounts showed 40m going in over those 14 months. I consider that was exceptional to cover transfer fee instalments as well as running costs.

 

But football is the only business you pay 45m to then pay 75k a week to run it

 

The shareholder loan figure is the first one I look for when the accounts are released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread title really made me laugh!

 

I look forward to the next in our series of tough questions, including:

 

Hitler - a bit racist?

 

Coronavirus - not that great?

 

Oxygen - pretty useful stuff?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why this is a surprise to the author of the tweet. It's all there in the last accounts.

 

Without the owners financial support we're done.

 

image.png.1a275c4d0867ee1696cbe532507505fa.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Most clubs are reliant on the owner pumping money in daily 

 

Anyone else got a caricature image of a naked Chansiri, dripping sweat from his forehead whilst "pumping" wads of cash through the letterbox at Hillsborough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No different to dozens of other clubs out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Anyone else got a caricature image of a naked Chansiri, dripping sweat from his forehead whilst "pumping" wads of cash through the letterbox at Hillsborough?

 

Er...nope.

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...