SWFC Finances - A major worry?

3 minutes ago, whatdial said:

Hopefully this shocks him into running the club like a business. Selling players at good prices, not overpaying salaries and getting good sponsorship deals in. 

Dont think he is deliberately not doing the last bit. Didnt he work out he could get more money sponsoring it himself.

• Like 2

The club is reliant on one bloke signing the cheques every week to cover the losses, all it takes is for that to stop and we are heading in the same direction as Bolton, again.

I think Chansiri is that emotionally invested in the club that he will never purposely do that, but if he's all in for £100m+ already then when does he call it a day to try and recoup his losses, if that's even possible in our current financial state?

47 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This is the only plausible explanation I have for the £100k pw loss having looked at the figures. 

No idea. Maybe he just rounded it up to the nearest £100k because that makes a better headline.

How can you just include the expenditure and not the income? It's like saying look how much Paul McCartney has lost buying all those mansions - if you don't include the money he's made from his record sales. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So players who haven't agreed contract extensions till the end of the season im guessing... that's my bet. Probably a kiss my ass scenario. You're not finishing the season but I've paid your wages whilst not playing.. so you're not getting your full wages.

My main concern is that there is 4 pages already of panic including from people who should know better.... less than a minute after reading the Op its obvious the story is a pile of crap........even if we hadn't already stopped paying daft wages and transfer fees there would always be the option to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not too concerned yet. Those figures would look much better had Chansiri sold the occasional player rather than let their stock deteriorate and then they leave for nothing. That part of running a football

club isn’t rocket science so I have no sympathy on that front.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

That's not really the point, the point is the amount needing to be pump in through sheer negligence and clueless ownership.

Sheer negligence daring to have a bit of ambition (because he could afford it) to try and get to the PL and not do a Dave Allen or Milan and be content as a league one/champ YO YO club 

Can’t wait for next owner to come along and bring those exciting times back, but then least our apathetic fan base might shurrup whining when kids for a quid is back and we can look like a big club in league one again 

We need to run our club different from now on. It's a cliché but buy players from lower leagues who are young, develop and give them experience and sell on for profit. A lot easier said than done. But I think we must be the worst club I can think of for youth development and selling young players on for fees. Better, scouting, academy and coaching needed. Plough some of the released players wages in there please so we have a chance to develop some stars. 

• Like 3