SWFC Finances - A major worry?

Guest wilyfox

Y'all just jealous ya can't sign and cash such colossal cheques. Keep it going daddy Dejphon. I could use a fat expenses account while you're at it. 

Crazy crazy figures as much as he shows publicly to be committed to the club he must really be questioning the sustainability.

Worrying times indeed as if he gets bored etc it isn't exactly the best financial climate to be looking for a new owner

Guest freerole
15 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

He should be liable for when the poo hits the fan.

He has made the decisions, he has caused the problem.

Yet the fans will be the ones to suffer as usual.

Suffer?? It's a bloody game. A pastime. A hobby.

Last year, the stadium sale prevented a net loss of something like £35m.

The year before that is was £20m.

When this year's accounts are published in a few weeks, it will probably be something similar.

The league's P & S regulations permit a total deficit of £39m over a rolling three year period.

What's to worry about?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

When this year's accounts are published in a few weeks, it will probably be something similar.

The league's P & S regulations permit a total deficit of £39m over a rolling three year period.

What's to worry about?

And some people still won't hear a word said against Chansiri... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Where does he get £100k a day from?

If we're £107m down over 5.5 years, that's more like £53k a day. Still a large and alarming sum of course, but £100k is misleading. 

Doesn't account for revenue generated. I'm guessing. 

I 'worry' about people who worry about things that haven't happened yet. They must go through life permanently looking at how stuff might go wrong.

Probably so they can eventually say ' I told you so ' when something does eventually go wrong. A bit like Spike Milligans tomb quote, 'I told you I was ill.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

What's to worry about?

It won't stop many fans being oblivious to how unworkable our club is. 

Whoever has been in charge over the last 20 odd years has failed miserably to push the club forwards on and off the pitch. After all that time we still fall behind many formerly lesser clubs in terms of infrastructure, academy, facilities, and our ability to run a sustainable (in a football context) business with a proper identity and plan. Not to mention public relations, and matchday revenue amongst other issues. We still suffer the highest prices for empty returns. Very little off the pitch is anywhere near Premier League standard and it's no surprise we aren't showing any signs of recovering from the flash in the pan Carvalhal era. 

Some people can see it, some can't but to me we're just as far away now as 20 years ago of returning to the Prem.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

I 'worry' about people who worry about things that haven't happened yet. They must go through life permanently looking at how stuff might go wrong.

Probably so they can eventually say ' I told you so ' when something does eventually go wrong. A bit like Spike Milligans tomb quote, 'I told you I was ill.

Anxiety is quite a big part of daily human life sadly! 

25 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

He should be liable for when the poo hits the fan.

He has made the decisions, he has caused the problem.

Yet the fans will be the ones to suffer as usual.

To be honest if he’s losing 50-100k a day he’s suffering far more than I am and I’ve been watching the same dire stuff for the 37 years with the exception of about 5 years in the mid eighties and the first 5 years of the nineties 

18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

What's to worry about?

spot on. Only a matter of time before we are under yet another embargo. Good old DC. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Where does he get £100k a day from?

If we're £107m down over 5.5 years, that's more like £53k a day. Still a large and alarming sum of course, but £100k is misleading. 

It will also include the purchase price of £37m for sure and potentially the acquisition of the ground for £60m.

• Like 3