SWFC Finances - A major worry?

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sorry mate but I'm not taking you seriously anymore

You've wandered into Wednesday town firing off your guns at any presenter/journalist you can like some angry bitter anti-media type

Your bullets are misfires and aimed in the wrong direction entirely..

There seems to be a lot of new posters wading into threads and singling you out lately mate. 

2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I don’t think anybody “shoots” or “fires off” or any other gunslinging analogy, at any journos if they report material with research, reasoning and facts. 

WTF

I honestly don't think you are living in the real world mate

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Not all journalists are paragons of virtue, fighting for truth and justice, some are attention seeking chancers making stuff up

I never take 'attention seeking' accusations of journalists or presenters seriously mate - sorry

It's just a petulant statement that is so ridiculous I can't even be arsed to break it down for you this time

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EbyTG_sXgAALOC1.png

EbyTaM8WsAIU8Tm.pngEbyVmRGXYAUxcVI.png

This is a worry. A major worry IMHO. For context Chansiri has so far ploughed £100,000 A DAY into #swfc since he bought the club.

The club is completely at the mercy of him continuing to do so, as we've spent £227m on £120m income (incl. transfer fees) since 2015

Now...

BACK TO THE TOPIC

Owlstalk Shop

I actually took a few minutes to look at Peter Loehmann's Twitter feed. He seems a little statistics obsessed but other than that quite perceptive and reasonable. I certainly couldn't find anything worthy of the kind of criticism seen here in the last few pages. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I would love to compare this with other clubs in the division over the last 5 years.

Derby, Bristol City, Notts Forrest, Birmingham, Reading all teams that have been around the play off at times in the last 5 years and also experience similar slumps and rises as us.

I just wonder if we are a one off because we are run so badly, have no other financial plan than over charge the fans and promotion to solve everything. My money would be on Bristol City being the best due to the fact they develop youth and sell them on to improve their club.

8 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The only worrying thing for me is we just don't sell any players for decent money. The likes of FF, Lees, Reach and Bannan should have been sold in previous seasons when they were being touted by other clubs. 

its not just selling them how many millions do we have sat in the stands every season not playing, loan then out, sell, mutually terminate the contract etc anything other than millions sat in the stands doing nothing.

This season why did we keeps Bates never to even play him, why did we not try to send him back in January even on £5k a week that's another £250k wasted for a player never to play.

12 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The only worrying thing for me is we just don't sell any players for decent money. The likes of FF, Lees, Reach and Bannan should have been sold in previous seasons when they were being touted by other clubs. 

i agree to an extent that we don't get decent returns on the majority of our players, but its a weigh up option for example 2 of the players you've named above  Lees and Bannan, if i remember rightly there was only serious talk of interest in them after carlos second season with Burnley in for Lees and Villa i think wanting Bannan back if we'd have sold them both then and collected a reported 15 -20 million for the both of them there would have been an almost universal outcry across all forms of fans forum 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing in football although we do seem to have more sliding door moments than most 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

its not just selling them how many millions do we have sat in the stands every season not playing, loan then out, sell, mutually terminate the contract etc anything other than millions sat in the stands doing nothing.

This season why did we keeps Bates never to even play him, why did we not try to send him back in January even on £5k a week that's another £250k wasted for a player never to play.

In Bates's case i assume we agreed to loan him and pay him for a year long loan, why would hamburg take him back and pay him if they've deemed him surplussed to requirements in the first place and there is nothing to say we didnt try to terminate it 

As for the mutually terminated contracts, i'd hazard a guess that 95% of footballers would happily sit in the stands collecting their wages rather than accept less money to leave straight away 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Where is this rumour? A theoretically reputable source?

In answer - yes he was 😬

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EbyTG_sXgAALOC1.png

EbyTaM8WsAIU8Tm.pngEbyVmRGXYAUxcVI.png

This is a worry. A major worry IMHO. For context Chansiri has so far ploughed £100,000 A DAY into #swfc since he bought the club.

The club is completely at the mercy of him continuing to do so, as we've spent £227m on £120m income (incl. transfer fees) since 2015

Copy what Virgin Atlantic and other well run private companys do.

BEG FOR A LOAN FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday is a business wholly based in Hong Kong

It needs the chairman to move it ASAP as things are starting to get ugly there

At the moment, HK still operates as a free market differentiating it from Mainland China. It is clear that Beijing want full administrative control of HKSAR. If that were to happen, the club could potentially end up in a situation in which it is impossible to retrieve ownership of the ground. The CPC would consider the ground as a £60 million foreign asset under control of the PBOC.

The problem could get nasty if the Trump administration begins freezing Chinese owned assets in the states. If that were to happen, Beijing would probably retaliate by freezing overseas assets held in Chinese territory. It may not happen and the CPC may resist change to the current free market status but it is a needless risk holding the deeds of the ground in HK. Time to get out of there.

• Like 1

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

At the moment, HK still operates as a free market differentiating it from Mainland China. It is clear that Beijing want full administrative control of HKSAR. If that were to happen, the club could potentially end up in a situation in which it is impossible to retrieve ownership of the ground. The CPC would consider the ground as a £60 million foreign asset under control of the PBOC.

The problem could get nasty if the Trump administration begins freezing Chinese owned assets in the states. If that were to happen, Beijing would probably retaliate by freezing overseas assets held in Chinese territory. It may not happen and the CPC may resist change to the current free market status but it is a needless risk holding the deeds of the ground in HK. Time to get out of there.

Yeah massive klaxon warning this

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

i agree to an extent that we don't get decent returns on the majority of our players, but its a weigh up option for example 2 of the players you've named above  Lees and Bannan, if i remember rightly there was only serious talk of interest in them after carlos second season with Burnley in for Lees and Villa i think wanting Bannan back if we'd have sold them both then and collected a reported 15 -20 million for the both of them there would have been an almost universal outcry across all forms of fans forum 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing in football although we do seem to have more sliding door moments than most 

In Bates's case i assume we agreed to loan him and pay him for a year long loan, why would hamburg take him back and pay him if they've deemed him surplussed to requirements in the first place and there is nothing to say we didnt try to terminate it 

As for the mutually terminated contracts, i'd hazard a guess that 95% of footballers would happily sit in the stands collecting their wages rather than accept less money to leave straight away 

indeed but this is where we are so very very bad we just let them sit in the stands on sill wages and probably are losing at least £5-10m a season in wages sat in the stand.

As for Bates most season loans have break clauses in, I am very surprised we allowed him to remain her all season never playing a single game.