Jump to content

BREAKING - Look North reporting some players NOT being paid in full this month


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Key said:

The willingness of some people to think the worst of DC before there’s any detail known about what’s happened - or even any evidence that something has actually happened - is quite astonishing.

 

 

Well it would be if it weren’t so predictable.

So we’re currently defending ourselves against an EFL charge which might see us relegated.  We’ve had to sell our ground as a short term (shortsighted?) means of avoiding embargo / points penalty as a consequence of mismanaging finances.  We’ve sold the ground in such a way that may see us with a points penalty anyway.

 

And now this story breaks - given that it’s not the first time something like this has happened, what are people supposed to think of DC?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Last time it was a banking error that put a cap on how much the club could pay out in a single transaction. It meant every player got paid the same iirc, something like 5k each. But the club rectified it a day or so later and the bank acknowledged their mistake. Wasn’t there even a statement on the OS regarding it too, or am I imagining that?

 

All I’ll say is it’s funny the stories leaked on a day where several ‘disruptive’ players have come to the end of their contracts. One in particular who’s agent was quick to run to the local media a few weeks back about something similar let us not forget.

 

Considering DC’s generosity throughout lockdown towards the non playing staff, I find it hard to believe this is anything more than a genuine error somewhere in the chain.



Exactly 

People need to chill out, back the club, and wait for the facts

  • Like 3

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Last time it was a banking error that put a cap on how much the club could pay out in a single transaction. It meant every player got paid the same iirc, something like 5k each. But the club rectified it a day or so later and the bank acknowledged their mistake. Wasn’t there even a statement on the OS regarding it too, or am I imagining that?

 

All I’ll say is it’s funny the stories leaked on a day where several ‘disruptive’ players have come to the end of their contracts. One in particular who’s agent was quick to run to the local media a few weeks back about something similar let us not forget.

 

Considering DC’s generosity throughout lockdown towards the non playing staff, I find it hard to believe this is anything more than a genuine error somewhere in the chain.

Agree

 

Cant believe this has made the news tbh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, @owlstalk said:



Exactly 

People need to chill out, back the club, and wait for the facts


Exactly this. For all we know there may be a dispute over bonuses payments, rather than the means to pay.

 

Lets wait for a club response before getting hysterical.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be wrong but won’t we be paying all the loan clubs something each month as they’re the ones paying their players wages, and not us. 


So if cash flow was really an issue you’d imagine the clubs wouldn’t have agreed to the loan extensions, because they’d be waiting for money too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Exactly 

People need to chill out, back the club, and wait for the facts

 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

I'm 100% backing the club up on this one


This stinks of a player with a grudge

 

:ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me this is another incident that does nothing to improve the relationship between the club and local journalists, we all know they don’t get as much access/information as they do from say the other side of the city. 
 

Dod Rob/Look North really need to run this until they had heard the clubs side of the story?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regardless on whether it’s true for this to happen twice in a year is not great PR.

 

At best it has the potential to put players off joining us when faced with a choice.

 

More than happy to wait for a comment on the club in this instance, but people question Chansiri not because of this but because of everything that’s happened in his tenure so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be something like before, could be worse. 

 

No point on falling on any side of the blame game until more comes out about it. 

 

Bit of a shithouse whoever has leaked it though, when do the players get paid? Is it today? Would be quick to run off to the media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

For me this is another incident that does nothing to improve the relationship between the club and local journalists, we all know they don’t get as much access/information as they do from say the other side of the city. 
 

Dod Rob/Look North really need to run this until they had heard the clubs side of the story?

 

 

I think with the door being well and truly slammed shut in their faces we shouldn't expect any favourable treatment from now on


Only one person at fault there mate


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

For me this is another incident that does nothing to improve the relationship between the club and local journalists, we all know they don’t get as much access/information as they do from say the other side of the city. 
 

Dod Rob/Look North really need to run this until they had heard the clubs side of the story?


They’re probably of the opinion they’ve got nothing to lose. There was definitely a lot of ill feeling after DC did his exclusive with Dom. Every other local media outlet made it known they’d requested the same and had been told no. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...