Gary Bennett that tackle

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I was about 5 rows back in the North and it was straight in front of me - the agony on Iain Knights face was horrific and Bennett deserves everything he got.

Yes, quite clearly remember the bloke I was stood next to as we both looked at each other and were both appalled by what we had just seen and heard.

18 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

I remember the game, i'm sure I was at school the next day because our headmaster referenced the incident in assembly as he'd heard almost every male kid at school talking about it.

Yeah. It was Wednesday February 4, so would all have been at school the next day.

Though weirdly my memory of it for all these years has been seeing it on TV at my Grandma’s house in Gloucestershire. But I wouldn’t have been there until half term, which was another week or so away.

Funny how your mind plays tricks on you.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

21 hours ago, panda800 said:

found this interesting  article about the ********   trying to get sympathy       https://www.thefreelibrary.com/It's+been+10+years+of+hell+for+Ian+and+ME!%3B+GARY+BENNETT+ON+HORROR...-a061132479

If he hadn't perpetuated the nick name of 'Pyscho'  while he was playing i might believe him. He lived off his 'hard man' reputation & cultivated it. 

His body language after the tackle showed no remorse whatsoever. I remember it distinctly.

Just another thug who should have done 3 years inside for GBH for what he did.

2 hours ago, AnotherLondonOwl said:

I seem to remember hearing that Bennett got a pretty hostile reception down at the lane the season after that tackle....not often football can unite both sides of Sheffield. 

Correct...………….my blunt supporting workmate told me at the time that they gave him dogs abuse.

Anyone who has played football , even just at sunday morning level , can see that it was 100 % intentional and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that this lowlife is now playing the victim card.