Sheffield Wednesday open up all season ticket rebate options at 1pm

On 13/10/2020 at 14:07, torryowl said:

is it just us that havnt paid up .......whats the state of play at the blunts ,donny,barnsley rovrum . ?

It's same right around country, a number of clubs including Barnsley and Preston have made it clear that supporters wanting a cash refund are contributing towards putting their club in to a financial crisis. 

Credit towards a season ticket for next season is what most clubs want, I personally find this understandable. 

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It's same right around country, a number of clubs including Barnsley and Preston have made it clear that supporters wanting a cash refund are contributing towards putting their club in to a financial crisis. 

Credit towards a season ticket for next season is what most clubs want, I personally find this understandable. 

People's needs are different some are desperate for the money due to s change in circumstances

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I could understand it more if the players had taken a cut during the lockdown. As far as I'm aware they didn't. I'm more than convinced that many of our supporters that have followed our club at great expense, need that money more than ever right now. Some have lost their jobs.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

The club should have refunded all season ticket holders who requested a refund before paying any transfer fees for new players.

The communication in regards to this as been dire and shows that the club as little if any respect for the fans.

That is why the emotional play in regards to taking a credit or other means is being rightfully disregarded by many supporters.

Remember there is no club without its supporters.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

The club should have refunded all season ticket holders who requested a refund before paying any transfer fees for new players.

The communication in regards to this as been dire and shows that the club as little if any respect for the fans.

That is why the emotional play in regards to taking a credit or other means is being rightfully disregarded by many supporters.

I'd be interested in hearing the reasons why Sheffield Wednesday FC haven't updated/communicated with it's own fans clearly on this one

I'd also be interested in hearing from our fans on that they think the reasons are why Sheffield Wednesday FC haven't updated/communicated with it's own fans clearly on this one

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be interested in hearing the reasons why Sheffield Wednesday FC haven't updated/communicated with it's own fans clearly on this one

I'd also be interested in hearing from our fans on that they think the reasons are why Sheffield Wednesday FC haven't updated/communicated with it's own fans clearly on this one

Think its just a case of being poorly run and not seeing paying back fans as being that important.
I don't think the club don't want to pay back the fans due to a cash flow crisis more they cant be bothered to.

Its seen as a low priority.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Last I knew we had at least 3 very experienced and committed guys in the communications team, also responsible for the programme.

Given we aren't doing programmes you'd imagine they are twiddling thumbs at the moment (in between producing great video content for social media)

You can only assume that any lack of communication is policy driven from higher up

• Like 2

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Tony Pulis

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Last I knew we had at least 3 very experienced and committed guys in the communications team, also responsible for the programme.

Given we aren't doing programmes you'd imagine they are twiddling thumbs at the moment (in between producing great video content for social media)

You can only assume that any lack of communication is policy driven from higher up

I can imagine  this is the case BUT you have to ask the question - are any of our communications staff proactively seeing this situation, going to the chairman and asking him if they should/could give the fans some kind of reassurances/updates?

Owlstalk Shop

Any competent governing body would have told all the clubs they are not allowed to spend money on any new players until their legal obligations to their supporters have been fulfilled. Sadly the EFL is run by incompetents. The club is taking the p155 out of supporters. They owe us money, pay up. 

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think most people would be interested in knowing why the lack of communication and the excuses for this.

Personally I think regardless of any excuse it’s been very poor.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bradowl said:

The only thing contributing to clubs financial crisis is the absurd wages paid to players. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mirocevic said:

Although I agree in principal, if we hadn't signed anybody the same fans would be having kittens on here.

My personal view is season ticket money has gone and this virus has saved me a fortune not actually going through games so having next seasons ticket virtually paid for means no matter what I can go to watch my team next season.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

The only thing contributing to clubs financial crisis is the absurd wages paid to players. 

Correct though if we start paying wages of an average league two club we'll end up as a league two club. 

11 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Although I agree in principal, if we hadn't signed anybody the same fans would be having kittens on here.

My personal view is season ticket money has gone and this virus has saved me a fortune not actually going through games so having next seasons ticket virtually paid for means no matter what I can go to watch my team next season.

Which Season ticket money as gone? The 2019-2020 one which most are waiting for refunds on ? Or the 2020-2021 which some of us bought on the early bird renewal ?

Im struggling to understand your logic on this.

So by keeping on buying these and not going we are saving a fortune????

9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Correct though if we start paying wages of an average league two club we'll end up as a league two club. 

But we are performing like a average league 2 side.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

Which Season ticket money as gone? The 2019-2020 one which most are waiting for refunds on ? Or the 2020-2021 which some of us bought on the early bird renewal ?

Im struggling to understand your logic on this.

So by keeping on buying these and not going we are saving a fortune????

Well unless you just walk to the ground, enter ground, watch match, walk home  and also only ever attend season ticket games then you have saved a fortune since lockdown.

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

Well unless you just walk to the ground, enter ground, watch match, walk home  and also only ever attend season ticket games then you have saved a fortune since lockdown.

You have missed the point  were we paid for season tickets that we couldn’t use.
Explain how purchasing something that you can’t have saves you a fortune?

You are salesman’s dream!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

You have missed the point  were we paid for season tickets that we couldn’t use.
Explain how purchasing something that you can’t have saves you a fortune?

You are salesman’s dream!! 

I think he's talking about saving money on travel costs, beer and food at a guess.

• Like 2