Sheffield Wednesday open up all season ticket rebate options at 1pm

On 10/10/2020 at 09:27, S36 OWL said:

The club are taking the p155 out of loyal supporters. 

Agreed.

Appreciate that things are a bit difficult with the current climate, but not having one phone call or one email since June is a disgrace. 

Wonder this is why Chansiri has taken that loan out against Hillsborough to help pay for it all?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shifty Powers said:

Agreed.

Appreciate that things are a bit difficult with the current climate, but not having one phone call or one email since June is a disgrace. 

Wonder this is why Chansiri has taken that loan out against Hillsborough to help pay for it all?

I think someone stated on here the cost to refund everyone's season ticket who requested it is £2m which in football terms is not that much money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think someone stated on here the cost to refund everyone's season ticket who requested it is £2m which in football terms is not that much money.

At a guess our wage bill must be down to £24mill or above currently all things considered. So the refunds equate to a month of player wages. They’ve had 3 maybe 4 months money since people applied for these refunds.

Madness really. 

• Like 1

STOP using the lack of staff excuse.................NOBODY seems to have got a season ticket refund yet.................IF it was a case that the ball was rolling and some were getting it later than others...FINE.................but it sounds like NOBODY has received..............it's not hard to process a refund.........................CREDIT /DEBITCARD NO.......£xx........ENTER.......................................get it done FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

STOP using the lack of staff excuse.................NOBODY seems to have got a season ticket refund yet.................IF it was a case that the ball was rolling and some were getting it later than others...FINE.................but it sounds like NOBODY has received..............it's not hard to process a refund.........................CREDIT /DEBITCARD NO.......£xx........ENTER.......................................get it done FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10mins tops, how many staff do you need to do this, if had started at the end of the season, most if not all of us would have had their refund by now

• Like 3

As many have said in this thread it’s the lack of communication that really hurts. But with our club this is not out of character, time and time again they fail to communicate effectively or at all. And what happens at the end of this season, great if you can roll it into next seasons ticket but what if your circumstances have changed, gone to uni, moved away, work commitments, child care commitments etc. will a refund be available. Despite our chairman being a rich man it’s clear that cash is in short supply and with that situation unlikely to improve with the new covid measures being put in place I am beginning to get worried about our financial position. 

34 minutes ago, Steviee87 said:

As many have said in this thread it’s the lack of communication that really hurts. But with our club this is not out of character, time and time again they fail to communicate effectively or at all. And what happens at the end of this season, great if you can roll it into next seasons ticket but what if your circumstances have changed, gone to uni, moved away, work commitments, child care commitments etc. will a refund be available. Despite our chairman being a rich man it’s clear that cash is in short supply and with that situation unlikely to improve with the new covid measures being put in place I am beginning to get worried about our financial position. 

Think it would be illegal not to offer refunds for a service not provided.

21 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We aren’t being offered refunds for this season. 

We haven't been yet but I think if it comes to the end of the season and many season ticket holders have hardly seen a game live, which seems plausible as things stand, an offer will need to be made.

Surely at that point they can't just say carry your money over or lose it? It might well not be like for like product on offer if we are relegated. I think they will have to offer some form of refund when the season ends, just as they had to last season but until they know when or whether part of the product that has been sold can be fulfilled then it is too difficult to equate the value. 

Guest Grandad

The club has a modern hosted phone system which allows staff to take phones home, plug them in and be operational on the clubs system within minutes. 

Even if staff are working from home they could be making these calls

Edited by Grandad

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, UnravelingOwl said:

I’ve just got my money back for my early bird 20/21 season ticket through my bank claiming section 75 for not supplying goods or services.

How’s that work..do the bank refund you then chase swfc for the money?

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, UnravelingOwl said:

I’ve just got my money back for my early bird 20/21 season ticket through my bank claiming section 75 for not supplying goods or services.

The club can apply to have a Section 75 revoked and the money returned to them. It all depends on the Ts & Cs you agreed to at the time of purchase.

I wouldn't spend your refund yet

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The club can apply to have a Section 75 revoked and the money returned to them. It all depends on the Ts & Cs you agreed to at the time of purchase.

I wouldn't spend your refund yet

If history tells us something, the money will stay in his bank but the ability to buy tickets in future may be harder.