TOP 100 movies

unkastav

just stumbled back on to this .............up to 70...................determined to finish it

71 - 80

71. Mystic River

72. Planes, Trains & Automobiles

73. The Bone Collector

74. The Thing (80,s version)

75. Deja Vu

76. Coming to America

77. JFK

78. Dances with Wolves

79. Sinister

80. Surveillance

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

just stumbled back on to this .............up to 70...................determined to finish it

71 - 80

71. Mystic River

72. Planes, Trains & Automobiles

73. The Bone Collector

74. The Thing (80,s version)

75. Deja Vu

76. Coming to America

77. JFK

78. Dances with Wolves

79. Sinister

80. Surveillance

PT&A brilliant

• Like 1

So many great films and 99% could easily be in my top 100, I’m surprised that Rear Window isn’t in people’s lists (unless I’ve missed it). For me, it’s Hitchcock’s best film and in my top 10 - possibly top 5. Cop Land is also one of my favourites - Stallone does some proper serious acting in that film -  not a single piece of “action film” from him in that film. 

I haven’t seen Blazing Saddles, The Producers (original) and Young Frankenstein on anyone’s list - they’d be on mine. 

I wanted to post in this thread because I’ve got a curve ball question; what do people feel about old musicals? I’ve just watched the last 30 minutes of Mary Poppins and I’m not embarrassed to say that film is fvvcking glorious and definitely in my top 100 along with Top Hat and Singing in the Rain - there will possibly be more if I think about it. I’m not into West End/Broadway type musicals but I am a bit of a sucker for old film musicals. 

• Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 20:33, shandypants said:

So many great films and 99% could easily be in my top 100, I’m surprised that Rear Window isn’t in people’s lists (unless I’ve missed it). For me, it’s Hitchcock’s best film and in my top 10 - possibly top 5. Cop Land is also one of my favourites - Stallone does some proper serious acting in that film -  not a single piece of “action film” from him in that film. 

I haven’t seen Blazing Saddles, The Producers (original) and Young Frankenstein on anyone’s list - they’d be on mine. 

I wanted to post in this thread because I’ve got a curve ball question; what do people feel about old musicals? I’ve just watched the last 30 minutes of Mary Poppins and I’m not embarrassed to say that film is fvvcking glorious and definitely in my top 100 along with Top Hat and Singing in the Rain - there will possibly be more if I think about it. I’m not into West End/Broadway type musicals but I am a bit of a sucker for old film musicals. 

Musicals are the sort of films when I was in my 20s I wouldn't have watched to save my life but seemed to have developed a soft spot for them recently and during the lockdowns.

Ones that have watched recently and  really enjoyed that I have never seen before are Sound Of Music (Fantastic film!), Fiddler on the Roof, South Pacific and Oklahoma! Also Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang I last saw when I was a kid but really enjoyed watching it again.
Will look out for Mary Poppins as bund t be on over Xmas.

• Like 1

Not keen on old musicals other than julie andrews😆

love abit of La la land though

• Love 1

On 24/11/2021 at 12:44, matthefish2002 said:

Musicals are the sort of films when I was in my 20s I wouldn't have watched to save my life but seemed to have developed a soft spot for them recently and during the lockdowns.

Ones that have watched recently and  really enjoyed that I have never seen before are Sound Of Music (Fantastic film!), Fiddler on the Roof, South Pacific and Oklahoma! Also Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang I last saw when I was a kid but really enjoyed watching it again.
Will look out for Mary Poppins as bund t be on over Xmas.

Oklahoma! How did I not remember that?!! It’s an absolute classic. 

• Like 1

Seven brides for seven brothers …? - brilliant !!! 

• Love 1

decided to watch through a top 100 (or at least those I can get on sky,etc.) Only watching those I havent already seen.

Used this list, seems decent enough though I dont agree with them all but no list ever would be 'correct' to everyone

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055592025/

Watched most of the top ones already, first one I hadn't seen was Citizen Kane. Was disappointed in it really. The story is great but the acting was a bit hammy.

Next up was On the Waterfront. Enjoyed that and I've just started Sunset Boulevard

After that will be sound of music. A film I never had any desire to see (along with titanic) but im prepared to give it a go

1 hour ago, darklord said:

decided to watch through a top 100 (or at least those I can get on sky,etc.) Only watching those I havent already seen.

Used this list, seems decent enough though I dont agree with them all but no list ever would be 'correct' to everyone

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055592025/

Watched most of the top ones already, first one I hadn't seen was Citizen Kane. Was disappointed in it really. The story is great but the acting was a bit hammy.

Next up was On the Waterfront. Enjoyed that and I've just started Sunset Boulevard

After that will be sound of music. A film I never had any desire to see (along with titanic) but im prepared to give it a go

I don't want to spoil Titanic for you, I will let you find out what happens yourself.

• Haha 1