Kieran Lee

Watching his movement today I couldn’t help but think he looked our fittest player.  Considering it recently looked like his playing days might be coming to an end, I’m amazed how sprightly and trim he looks. His constant pressing in that tricky last 15 mins was crucial for stopping City building on their goal.  It’s a credit to the lads professionalism that he’s come back so strong.

As an aside Wickham obviously gives us a serious goal threat, but I can’t help but feel he’s half a yard off the pace. 

• Like 3

Just now, archieswfc said:

I'm optimistic about Lee at the moment. He looks better than he has at any point since his injury. I'd risk, if that's the right word, another year with him. His attitude is top notch and I genuinely believe he would love to stay. It's a small risk well worth taking for me 'cos if it pays off it would save us a lot of money in the transfer market. 

Agree, him, hunt and Pelupussy can be rotated and notch around 15-20 games each next year as the squad players. 

There's a few talented CMs around this summer. Irvine, Stewart, Thomas, Holland

Add in Luongo and Bannan and a couple of astute buys and we're looking alright in the depth there

Professionalism and dedication. During lockdown players will have had to look after themselves, added to that is that there was essentially a very limited “pre season” after the break means the ones that have done the work whilst away will stand out. 

With such a thin squad and not knowing what league we could be in, I can Lee being offered a one year deal.

Hopefully Nuihu goes as just does not offer any sort of threat anymore. We need a new strike force who create and score goals. I would love to see Rhodes, get a few from now to the end of the season. Put us safe and himself in the shop window.

It's going to be a make it break summer we could be needed upwards of 6-8 new players with so many gaps in the squad left back, right wing, central midfield, several strikers and maybe a new goal keeper unless Wildsmith keeps doing as well has he has for first 2 games.

35 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Watching his movement today I couldn’t help but think he looked our fittest player.  Considering it recently looked like his playing days might be coming to an end, I’m amazed how sprightly and trim he looks. His constant pressing in that tricky last 15 mins was crucial for stopping City building on their goal.  It’s a credit to the lads professionalism that he’s come back so strong.

As an aside Wickham obviously gives us a serious goal threat, but I can’t help but feel he’s half a yard off the pace. 

Not quite at his best yet but back in March he was miles off the pace. I thought he looked as if he’d bulked up so much it was slowing him down. Now I can see that work in the gym has made him even harder to be pushed around by defenders.
He’s improving game by game so let’s hope he can stay fit now, cos the goals are starting to come.

• Like 1

Will finish his career here I think, 2yr deal 

today he was very nearly showing signs of the old Keiren Lee, and anyone who’s switched on knows he was up there with the best CM’s at this level pre injury 

I don't care if he never played another game. I'd want him at this club to show all up and coming players how you need to apply yourself in attitude and professionalism to deserve to play for this great club. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1