The League Table as it stands

I only said 4

But this wound me up

Why not go with, if Wednesday get a result they could close to within 3 points of their opponents and within 8 of the playoffs. Like I say I like to go with a positive mental attitude, it’s not over until it’s over. 

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

I only said 4

But this wound me up

Why not go with, if Wednesday get a result they could close to within 3 points of their opponents and within 8 of the playoffs. Like I say I like to go with a positive mental attitude, it’s not over until it’s over. 

I can't read the rest of the quote that must have angered you mate

I can't only read the bit that says "It is getting incredibly tight down at the bottom of the Championship..." then it cuts off

What did he say that after this that wound you up?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I can't read the rest of the quote that must have angered you mate

I can't only read the bit that says "It is getting incredibly tight down at the bottom of the Championship..." then it cuts off

What did he say that after this that wound you up?

The fact that he’s implying we should be more worried about the bottom 3 than the top 6

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

The fact that he’s implying we should be more worried about the bottom 3 than the top 6

I can't see it though - it cuts off after "It is getting incredibly tight down at the bottom of the Championship..."

Can you copy and paste the controversial/negative bit so we can see?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I can't see it though - it cuts off after "It is getting incredibly tight down at the bottom of the Championship..#SWFC."

Can you copy and paste the controversial/negative bit so we can see?

You conveniently left off the bold underlined bit. 

I get it we’re not allowed to criticise local journalists on here. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

You conveniently left off the bold underlined bit. 

I get it we’re not allowed to criticise local journalists on here. 

I've not said that

What I have done however is copy and paste as many Dom Howson articles as their site would physically let me to show you the articles he's written to try and show you that possibly - just possibly - your criticism is unfair

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not said that

What I have done however is copy and paste as many Dom Howson articles as their site would physically let me to show you the articles he's written to try and show you that possibly - just possibly - your criticism is unfair

Yet you conveniently missed the #SWFC from your quote to make it seem like the article wasn’t aimed at us. 

Maybe it is unfair, but he could just as easily wrote about us having a great chance to close in on the teams above us couldn’t he?

Wouldn't do for us all to like the same journalists would it? I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

What’s particularly galling is to see Cardiff in 6th place when you think how lucky they were to draw with us back in October.  Our inability to close games out has really hurt us this season.

Yep, apparently we’ve dropped 22 points from winning positions this season, converting just half of those would see us sat comfortably in 6th

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Yet you conveniently missed the #SWFC from your quote to make it seem like the article wasn’t aimed at us. 

Maybe it is unfair, but he could just as easily wrote about us having a great chance to close in on the teams above us couldn’t he?

Wouldn't do for us all to like the same journalists would it? I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. 

I honestly genuinely believe that you've misread Dom's stuff or that you are being either biased or oversensitive towards it

Look at the articles I've posted for example - I'd say they were totally fair?

Also missing the #swfc bit doesn't change it one tiny bit for me - the #swfc is just to tag Wednesday fans so they can see it. Yes it was written and posted at Wednesday fans, but what he's saying is totally fair enough in my eyes and was merely a mirror reflection of what our fans were saying this morning!

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

I thought I made it clear in my post, he definitely doesn’t hate us. 

He does always write the negative angle not the positive, hence Doom. 

Take this morning for example his story was focusing on how close to the bottom 3 we were and not how close to the playoffs we would be should we win (which we did). Or maybe I’m just a positive person. 

In Dom's defense, what about Wednesday over the past 3 years plus has warranted much more than "negative" coverage

• Like 1