FA Cup

2 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Not with you Darra?

I thought the deal with the FA was that because Wembley cost a lot more to build the cup semi finals would be played there to help.pay for it. Once it was paid for which I think it now is the semi finals would go back to being played around the country.

Just now, darra said:

I thought the deal with the FA was that because Wembley cost a lot more to build the cup semi finals would be played there to help.pay for it. Once it was paid for which I think it now is the semi finals would go back to being played around the country.

Ah, makes sense now.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darra said:

no thats wrong they decided to play all semi finals there indefinitely

Edited by flo
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Yes.

Them getting to the final would have insufferable.

Absolutely, yes.

* I’m starting to worry about you.

Meant the semi only, not the final!

Thought I said that in the original post.

Is there still a European place available for the winners?

That will at least give Man United & Arsenal some motivation to give it a go. 

To be honest I'd forgotten all about the F.A. Cup ..it wouldn't have been suprised if the clubs had either .

City will win it, not a massively bold prediction I admit.

I think they will come back next season big time, will add some defensive strength and in what will probably be Pep’s last season with them get the league back.

Chelsea will be interesting, Werner and Ziyech are very good additions. 

1 hour ago, NorfolkNChance said:

City will win it, not a massively bold prediction I admit.

I think they will come back next season big time, will add some defensive strength and in what will probably be Pep’s last season with them get the league back.

Chelsea will be interesting, Werner and Ziyech are very good additions. 

City's immediate future hangs in the balance at CAS.  If their UCL ban is upheld they won't be making any big signings.  They might even be looking to offload.  It will be interesting to see if Pep fancies a rebuild or wants to move on to the next challenge (probably Juve or PSG) at winning the UCL again.

Just not bothered...

14 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Of course they could and should. It’s just that, to me, the ultimate insult is that the big boys don’t even need to try to get to the semi finals. It used to be a competition that all the top division felt they could have a good shot at.... now it’s a chance for the elite to rest some players and start to take it seriously from the quarters on.

That’s not to say I don’t agree that the PL, TV etc aren’t part of the problem, just find the ease which the elite coast into the semis is overlooked.

The top 4/6 can coast to the quarters because the rest of the PL and the Championship treat it with absolute contempt.  Playing 2nd and in some cases 3rd string sides.  If they actually had a go, they might end up with some silverware.