The Road to Redemption - Garry Monk Edition

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

True but I’m not an experienced football manager where receiving criticism rightly or wrongly is part of the job. For context if I had described his time charge with this gif, would he still have blocked me? I think we all know the answer to that one? 

I'll be honest mate

I'm totally glad he blocked you

I applaud him for it in the same way I applaud Lee Bullen for blocking the absolute idiots that tweet him

I'm glad the people at our club block people who are negative

Good on em

I hope they do it more. I hope they sit one day and block all the accounts firing off abuse or negativity their way

You know why?

Because they're human beings who are entitled to do what the hell THEY want to do with THEIR social media

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll be honest mate

I'm totally glad he blocked you

I applaud him for it in the same way I applaud Lee Bullen for blocking the absolute idiots that tweet him

I'm glad the people at our club block people who are negative

Good on em

I hope they do it more. I hope they sit one day and block all the accounts firing off abuse or negativity their way

You know why?

Because they're human beings who are entitled to do what the hell THEY want to do with THEIR social media

I don’t know why I followed him in the first place? I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve looked on his page.

At the end of the day the bottom line is there wouldn’t be so much negativity that surrounds the club if we were doing better and whether he realises it or not, one of the reasons we aren’t doing so well is his management. If he was that good we’d still be in the Top 6?

Answer me this is there any difference to how Lukuhay managed us and how Monk is managing us now and for some reason some on here and with all due respect, yourself as well think he’s above the type of criticism he’s getting?

FFS I’d have loved to seen the betting patterns on Wednesday conceding a penalty once Odubajo was named as part of the back 3?

He makes the same selection mistakes time after time. We’ve won 3 of 17 games in the second half of the season, losing 10. If that makes him the new messiah at Sheffield Wednesday then I’m sorry, I just don’t see it and if Monk thinks he’s above criticism for a record like that then he’s in the wrong profession?

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You do make me laugh. That Jim gif was hardly spreading hate? Football is as we keep saying is all about opinions as my tweet this morning was, an opinion on how I would describe his time here so far. Our manager understandably disagreed with it, maybe because the paint was red and not blue? Who knows?

You obviously believe Monk is the right man for the job? I don’t and today’s events have convinced me even more of that?  But we’ll agree to disagree 😀

1 minute ago, Jim said:

You do make me laugh. That Jim gif was hardly spreading hate? Football is as we keep saying is all about opinions as my tweet this morning was, an opinion on how I would describe his time here so far. Our manager understandably disagreed with it, maybe because the paint was red and not blue? Who knows?

You obviously believe Monk is the right man for the job? I don’t and today’s events have convinced me even more of that?  But we’ll agree to disagree 😀

No we won't bye

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

What in your mind makes it acceptable to harass people on Twitter like that?

far better just to ask our chairman nicely to spend ten million on a striker.  He listens to stuff like that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I don’t know why I followed him in the first place? I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve looked on his page.

At the end of the day the bottom line is there wouldn’t be so much negativity that surrounds the club if we were doing better and whether he realises it or not, one of the reasons we aren’t doing so well is his management. If he was that good we’d still be in the Top 6?

Answer me this is there any difference to how Lukuhay managed us and how Monk is managing us now and for some reason some on here and with all due respect, yourself as well think he’s above the type of criticism he’s getting?

FFS I’d have loved to seen the betting patterns on Wednesday conceding a penalty once Odubajo was named as part of the back 3?

He makes the same selection mistakes time after time. We’ve won 3 of 17 games in the second half of the season, losing 10. If that makes him the new messiah at Sheffield Wednesday then I’m sorry, I just don’t see it and if Monk thinks he’s above criticism for a record like that then he’s in the wrong profession?

Said himself Lees would have started had he been fit. What other option did he have? 

And I like the option of Odubajo at centre back as much as you do.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Said himself Lees would have started had he been fit. What other option did he have? 

And I like the option of Odubajo at centre back as much as you do.

TBH I can't be ar$ed to argue the point anymore about anything Wednesday related as you just get jumped on by some because you don't share the view they do. Their view might be right but TBH I'm not that bothered if I'm right or not. I enjoy this site very much but it's getting too serious for me at the minute.

With regards to your point I would've picked Brennan. No crowds, so no extra pressure. Knows the position better than Odubajo and is an unknown quantity. Sadly defensively Odubajo is, as we saw again last night. You never know how young players are going to do until you give then an opportunity and who knows Brennan might've got a few defensive blocks perhaps better than the one Our Manager got on me today? garymegson

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk "But I want us to be brave, that this is the way we're going to move forward and I want us to be on the front foot and playing attacking football.

We had more corners and more shots than the Baggies yesterday...what we didn't have was more quality and them bringing on four internationals as subs showed us that.

Edited by daveyboy66

1 hour ago, Jim said:

TBH I can't be ar$ed to argue the point anymore about anything Wednesday related as you just get jumped on by some because you don't share the view they do. Their view might be right but TBH I'm not that bothered if I'm right or not. I enjoy this site very much but it's getting too serious for me at the minute.

With regards to your point I would've picked Brennan. No crowds, so no extra pressure. Knows the position better than Odubajo and is an unknown quantity. Sadly defensively Odubajo is, as we saw again last night. You never know how young players are going to do until you give then an opportunity and who knows Brennan might've got a few defensive blocks perhaps better than the one Our Manager got on me today? garymegson

That's the point of a forum isnt it arguing the point with people who have different opinions to yours. 

You dont like Monk then fair enough. Be boring on here if everyone agreed all the time.

If he loses his next few games maybe more will share your view.

Edited by pazowl55

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk "But I want us to be brave, that this is the way we're going to move forward and I want us to be on the front foot and playing attacking football.

Sounds good to me. I can buy into that.

On the basis of the last 3 games, I like what we're trying to achieve.

58 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That's the point of a forum isnt it arguing the point with people who have different opinions to yours. 

You dont like Monk then fair enough. Be boring on here if everyone agreed all the time.

If he loses his next few games maybe more will share your view.

You see that mate, it’s an opinion nothing more. Personally I don’t really care if he’s successful or not anymore but when you consider his recent record that reads 3 wins in our last 17 games then you’d think he’d have more important things to do than block his critics on twitter? 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You play like that then sometimes you’re going to get a walloping. I’m good with that btw, as long as we win more than we lose & we’re entertained. 

• Like 1

I like everything that Monk has been saying since lockdown and his formation and line ups have been good.  Hopefully we can put in another good performance at Swansea and get some points to keep the optimism going a bit longer 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

You see that mate, it’s an opinion nothing more. Personally I don’t really care if he’s successful or not anymore but when you consider his recent record that reads 3 wins in our last 17 games then you’d think he’d have more important things to do than block his critics on twitter? 

You need to really get over it mate

You posted an anti-monk tweet

He saw it

He blocked you

I'd have blocked you too for that

Move on

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You need to really get over it mate

You posted an anti-monk tweet

He saw it

He blocked you