LINEUP - Here's how Sheffield Wednesday line up today

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Looking at that team there is no way we should be struggling like we are. 

Really?

I'm looking at it thinking times are hard!

Compare that to our squads of recent sessions, and the drop off in depth and quality is startling.

A successful team isn't always forged from the strongest individual players, though.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Really?

I'm looking at it thinking times are hard!

Compare that to our squads of recent sessions, and the drop off in depth and quality is startling.

A successful team isn't always forged from the strongest individual players, though.

I think it’s decent. Obviously we need improvements next season but I think it’s a pretty strong line up. 

13 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Who's playing left back? 

Rhodes doing the job on the wing with his lightening pace? 

Palmer left back 

Lee right back 

Wickham sat deep behind Rhodes 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fact that Palmer, so long a backup to Hunt at right back, is now one of our starting centre backs, shows just how far we've fallen.

Fair point, think Palmer could definitely do with being replaced as an automatic starter next season. Do we need a new number one as well? 

Just now, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

There were some good signs last Saturday. Passing looked slicker and more confident. Wickham looked sharper then before the break. Rhodes showed some promising signs Could be a decent partnership yet? Good to see an unchanged lineup. 

Agreed

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fact that Palmer, so long a backup to Hunt at right back, is now one of our starting centre backs, shows just how far we've fallen.

Or he could turn out to be as good in that position as he did when he was asked to fill in at left back. 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was okay and didn't let us down.

I wouldn't want him as a regular starting left back if we were trying to build a strong team, though.

Players can always get better. I wouldn't just say I wouldn't want him based on what he has done previously in other positions.

Until he proves he cant handle playing right sided centre back then I am happy to keep him in. 

Would be so easy for Monk to put Lees in the centre and Iorfa on the right side. 

Tells me he sees something in Palmer he likes there.

• Like 1