Vintage Nuhiu today.

We were under pressure when he came on , and as soon as he was on the pressure came off. Held it up, was so careful with the ball, won flick on after flick on, defended in his own box. 

terrific 15 mins.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

And replace him with who? We're skint ffs.

You do realise he isn’t playing for free don’t you?  There will be out of contract players or loan options out there who would probably cost less than Nuhiu.  Surely 7 seasons of Atdhe is enough for anyone?

• Like 2

I don't know why I bother because the critics have made their mind up, but why do some of our fans delight in criticising one of own players who gives 100% whether he starts, comes on for 2 minutes or 10. 

Every manager we've had uses him, every manager we play against hates it when he comes on. Yes, he gives fouls away but most of those are because the ref takes the view that he's big so in a tussle with a smaller defender it must be him who is the culprit. Only 50% of the time are they right.

He's an asset defending corners too. And an asset in the dressing room and an example to young players. And, lastly, he's never injured.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm waiting for the day when nuhiu isn't good enough for squad but at present he's a valuable member yesterday proves it 10 to Wickhams ball retention as all but gone atdhe comes on and changes it the last few minutes we kill time in the corners winning corners and throw ins

• Thanks 1

I would offer Nuhiu and Lee a 12 month contract each.

They both seem top professionals and contribute to a positive team spirit.

Both still have a lot to offer. Lee fit, is still one of the first names on the team sheet for me and Big Dave can be used to good effective in certain games from the subs bench or even starting.

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Bless you Boretimer. Not wrong though am I?

How could you possibly be?

What is more witty and insightful than a lazy old cliche that we can all sagely nod our heads at without the discomfort of having to think at all?

I’m coming round to the idea of offering Atty and Kieran Lee 1 year deals. If we play with 3 in midfield next season, it’s a no brainer to offer Lee a deal. We just need to bring in a defensive midfield powerhouse to add to our current options.

Atty is a useful member of the squad and can be used to see games out etc.

Id like Connor to return on loan next season and a pace option up top if it’s feasible. 

If we can get Westwood off the books with our other big earners, surely this will help. 

45 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Is it just me or did he kick the ball away into the box in the last few minutes when we should have held it in the corner? Monk was fuming....could have cost us if they broke away

No its not just you......seem many on here did have the blinkers on though to that

If Monk was in 2 minds about a new contract for him I think that one action may have made his mind up

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

How could you possibly be?

What is more witty and insightful than a lazy old cliche that we can all sagely nod our heads at without the discomfort of having to think at all?

It's not a lazy old cliche though is it. It's true.Doesn't need thinking about.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

No its not just you......seem many on here did have the blinkers on though to that

If Monk was in 2 minds about a new contract for him I think that one action may have made his mind up

i suspect, like every other manager going back to Jones, when the question of whether to offer Nuhiu a new contract is posed, Monk's mind will already firmly be made up.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Clutching at straws as usual...Monk has already said that he'd give Nuhiu a contract just tofuck  that idiot Ian from Owlstalk off...we're having a crowd fund for it want to contribute lol 

Edited by daveyboy66

Just now, vulva said:

Thought he was excellent when he came on and Monk timed the substitution perfectly.  

Yes Wickham was blowing out of his backside and starting to give the ball away cheaply..the Big Y'in came on steadied the ship and we saw the game out.