Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I can only remember him being the pre match 'DJ' and reading in the match day programme that he had some sort of Friday night set somewhere.

 

Can anybody provide any stories/memories please?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He used to come round our house as my dad had a side business fixing disco equipment.  Not sure any more than that but deffo the most famous person ever to come to our house.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

He used to come round our house as my dad had a side business fixing disco equipment.  Not sure any more than that but deffo the most famous person ever to come to our house.

Dublin is a long way to go to get your strobe light sorted :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

White suit , white shoes (no socks) , Magnum tache , Sinatras………….aaah the 80,s :biggrin:

Was Sinatras on Carver Street?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Was Sinatras on Carver Street?

Yes

 

I worked there for about 9 months, some of the happiest days of my life. Could write a book based on that 9 months

 

Steve was a massive Wednesday fan, and one of the most enthusiastic people I've ever met 😂

 

Went to quite a few away games with him. Saw him a couple of seasons ago, think it was Barnsley away but not 100%. Still goes home and away.

 

Really nice guy. He didn't just have Sinatra's, had Charlie Parker's too, and had pretty much got Millionaires ready to open on Carver Street when one of his bouncers threw a punter down the stairs at Charlie Parker's and the council refused him a licence, withdrew his licence for Charlie Parker's, and refused to renew it for Sinatra's

 

They effectively ran him out of town

Link to post
Share on other sites

Resident DJ in “The Gate” in his early years .....

Prepared him for anything!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Resident DJ in “The Gate” in his early years .....

Prepared him for anything!


No way! Didn't know that.

Bet that was 'interesting' for him

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


No way! Didn't know that.

Bet that was 'interesting' for him

 

lol

 

Sunday & Monday nights when the pub was In it’s prime ........ He used to say that he was in a select group of Sheffield DJ’s who listed a gum shield amongst his most important pieces of equipment! 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, casbahowl said:

Sunday & Monday nights when the pub was In it’s prime ........ He used to say that he was in a select group of Sheffield DJ’s who listed a gum shield amongst his most important pieces of equipment! 

 

 

lol

 

Brilliant!

Bit of a change when he moved to Sinatras then!


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

lol

 

Brilliant!

Bit of a change when he moved to Sinatras then!

Not really

 

🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...