Bristol City 1 : 2 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

Right now I don’t think we could have chosen a weaker opposition than Bristol:

• Bristol have 4 defeats and 0 wins in their last 6 games.
  • Conceded 9 goals in their last 4 home games.
  • Threw away a 0-1 lead last week to lose to midtable Blackburn.
  • They’ve a worst Goal Difference than us (and every other team in the top half of the table).

I know we’re all feeling down on our luck but you’ve got to fancy us to get at least a point today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

• They’ve a worst Goal Difference than us (and every other team in the top half of the table).

I know we’re all feeling down on our luck but you’ve got to fancy us to get at least a point today.

Wednesday are The Streak Breakers.

Brizzle'll be glad we came

FFS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Wednesday are The Streak Breakers.

Brizzle'll be glad we came

FFS

Bristol don’t have a ‘streak’ going though.  The season only resumed last week.

I’m just making the point that Bristol are a bang average side in a weak Championship season.

If Monk uses his brain for once; puts our best-suited players into a 352 formation and gets the wing-backs to cross the ball at every opportunity going, we will cause them problems.

On paper we should have too much quality for them to deal with us.

Praying for 3 points today. I'm currently working on the assumption that we're getting a 12 points deduction meaning we're currently 5 points off safety. 

Don't ask me why I'm working off 12 points I just have a gut feeling that will be the worst we'd get. 

Hopefully the boys go 3-5-2 again and have been working on whipping in crosses for Rhodes and Wickham all week. Is reach injured or just not getting much game time atm? 

Nervous today, need 3 points. After last weeks performance starting to feel confident, but had a quick look at their team and it is better than I remembered. 

That said, they are a streaky team, long runs of wins or defeats and after last week's loss, hope it's the latter. 

I hope the events of this week galvanise the squad, those who are left and we build on last weeks better performance.

I've had a feeling for 3 points all weeks so will stick with that  2-1 to Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

If there’s something bad,

In your recent run,

Who you gonna call?

Runbusters!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

I was shocked to see that sky bet has us as favourites to win today. Even tho Bristol city are on a bad run I thought we were still bottom of the form table? 

Anyway, I’m feeling less confident that Sky Bet 

I really liked the 352. Helped us dominate. 

As he’s not going to change the formation I think he will surely want it to bed-in by starting the same Xl. Then slot in the likes of Reach, Hunt, Da Cruz, Nuhiu and Lees now that the intense period is upon us.

As always a I’m optimistic today, but this time with some justification rather than a hunch.

Win by two goals. Probably 2-0. Fancy Rhodes to score.