Tomorrow is the day.....

My second favourite Championship team visit AG tomorrow to face my favourite Championship club. 

From reading various media sources it appears that you guys have contractual player issues ongoing with various players not available for the big match tomorrow - hopefully that’ll give an advantage to us at AG but after last weeks abysmal showing at Blackburn I won’t be holding my breath...

Our manager Lee Johnson is getting fearful stick down our way after last weeks abject performance at Blackburn and many City fans want him gone ....so if you guys score early I have a sad feeling that you could well be leaving the West Country with three points in the bag....

That said, I don’t want to be on the wrong end of a late dodgy penalty.........surely? Not twice?...:huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

That said, I don’t want to be on the wrong end of a late dodgy penalty......

I enjoyed that. 😉

'Tomorrow is the day'?!  People are on tenterhooks like cats on a hot tin roof...waiting for a decision on our future....and you lay that little titbit on us!

People are genuinely going stir crazy about it.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

My second favourite Championship team visit AG tomorrow to face my favourite Championship club. 

From reading various media sources it appears that you guys have contractual player issues ongoing with various players not available for the big match tomorrow - hopefully that’ll give an advantage to us at AG but after last weeks abysmal showing at Blackburn I won’t be holding my breath...

Our manager Lee Johnson is getting fearful stick down our way after last weeks abject performance at Blackburn and many City fans want him gone ....so if you guys score early I have a sad feeling that you could well be leaving the West Country with three points in the bag....

That said, I don’t want to be on the wrong end of a late dodgy penalty.........surely? Not twice?...:huh:

Dodgy?!! Blatant!!!

tomorrows Im on about!! Clear as crystal😉

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Keep hearing Johnsons being lined for various other jobs.... then you say his times almost up down there

personally cant stand the turd

He’s not very popular for sure - too much like his father in the eyes of many City fans.

Personally, I’m kinda meh about LJ. Having been around AG since 1967 ( as a boy!) I’ve seen numerous managers come and go.

My favourite was Danny Wilson who unfortunately never won anything for us but he played some very scintillating and exciting stuff. Nice guy as well which always helps of course.

• Like 1

Guest Ronson

I think our needs are greater than yours to be honest. I can see a 1-3 scoreline, we've buried our demons recently although we still have a couple of coffin lids to actually nail fully down.

55 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Just out of curiosity, why the stick for Johnson? Has it just gone stale? 

Dunno if I'm right, get the impression that you've invested a lot of money into the playing staff but not getting the league positions it would justify. 

Also get the feeling when playing Johnson's teams that they can be scary going forward, but just as scary the other way defending. 

Also also, get tha old badge back! 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Alan Robinson said:

No disrespect pal but we are crap but im backin us to win tmoro..you seem like a top bloke ive reas plenty of your posts on here last couple er years..but i just dont like bristol city..allways had a soft spot for rovers..remember goin to eastville when we wer banned..think i wer about ten..but deep down i think its a blue n white thing..nothin personal😁👍

3 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

My favourite was Danny Wilson who unfortunately never won anything for us but he played some very scintillating and exciting stuff. Nice guy as well which always helps of course.

And he's probably the worse manager Wednesdays ever had 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxine said:

I've always found it a bit strange that anyone would want to post on a rivals forum.  

Football fans are pretty much all the same Maxine. Who we support doesn’t really matter and when fans from different clubs meet we all chat about the game that bonds us all.

Many football have other clubs that they like, mine is the Owls, Lincoln City and Liverpool. We also like to know what other fans think of our club and certainly on our City forum OTIB away fans are welcome to comment on football matters.

Anyway, back to the game. Under Johnson trying to predict the starting 11 is a waste of time. I can’t remember the last time he selected the same 11 in consecutive games so we’ll have to wait to see who’ll play for us today............

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Nowt like being positive eh . 

I think we will stick a better performance in . Ridding the squad of the bad eggs will be a positive 

Getting rid of bad eggs/out of contracts is all well and good but not when they are some of your better players. It has weakened the team.

3 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Getting rid of bad eggs/out of contracts is all well and good but not when they are some of your better players. It has weakened the team.

Are they though ? Hutchinson and Westwood have just been hanging around like bad smells far too long , both past their best. Forestieri too . Yeah they still have the odd glimpse here and there but it’s not enough 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Nowt like being positive eh . 

I think we will stick a better performance in . Ridding the squad of the bad eggs will be a positive 

It’s called being realistic. All our better players are either at home or have been let go.   Will still be screaming for a win of course!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Are they though ? Hutchinson and Westwood have just been hanging around like bad smells far too long , both past their best. Forestieri too . Yeah they still have the odd glimpse here and there but it’s not enough 

Still better than the poo we are left with. Unless you are a Pelupessy fan that is.