Owls squad to face Bristol tomorrow.

Don't shoot me down for this, for heavens sake, but I wonder if Monk may be considering looking at Pelupessy as a more disciplined right wing back with Palmer on the left (unless he starts fox which is unlikely). Look at the other alternatives who are more attacking (excluding Palmer but we have less options at left wing back)

I appreciate people don't like the player, I've always been of the opinion that he has a lot more to give in a mid 3 than a mid 2, but as right wing back there may be something Monk might look at? I also believe he has experience there too, or certainly at right back.

Maybe he is considering it?

36 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Don't shoot me down for this, for heavens sake, but I wonder if Monk may be considering looking at Pelupessy as a more disciplined right wing back with Palmer on the left (unless he starts fox which is unlikely). Look at the other alternatives who are more attacking (excluding Palmer but we have less options at left wing back)

I appreciate people don't like the player, I've always been of the opinion that he has a lot more to give in a mid 3 than a mid 2, but as right wing back there may be something Monk might look at? I also believe he has experience there too, or certainly at right back.

Would be a bold move, but would be surprised if Monk would risk it.

56 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Just imagine the reaction on here if he tried it................................and we lost.

funny-gif-baby-concerned-girl-crying1.gif

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would be a bold move, but would be surprised if Monk would risk it.

Absolutely a bold move, but a utility player can be valuable, obviously with the caveat he can even play there but away, against the likes of Bristol City, I would be semi-surprised if he starts with harris and Murphy as wing backs.

I'm no football manager don't pretend to be I'd like to think Monk has at least explored some options other than wingers as wing backs 

11 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Just imagine the reaction on here if he tried it................................and we lost.

funny-gif-baby-concerned-girl-crying1.gif

I can see it now! If there is a GIF for someone rubbing their hands with glee ready to say I told you so that would also be an expected reaction 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

Absolutely a bold move, but a utility player can be valuable, obviously with the caveat he can even play there but away, against the likes of Bristol City, I would be semi-surprised if he starts with harris and Murphy as wing backs.

I'm no football manager don't pretend to be I'd like to think Monk has at least explored some options other than wingers as wing backs 

Something worth considering, more I think about it more I can see it working.  

Do think we have to go with two wingers tomorrow, have to hit there defence with firepower.  Take the game to them.

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

Think Pelupessey's job is to come on from the bench to do the running about in a 3 man midfield to help see out games. 

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Think Pelupessey's job is to come on from the bench to do the running about in a 3 man midfield to help see out games. 

Fair point, I guess it depends on what will happen tomorrow, what the performance is looking like etc. for who may come on and where

In all likelihood I doubt Monk will use him there just spewing some brain farts about the lack of squad and whether he has been looking at players in other areas

Wildsmith

Palmer    Iorfa     Borner 

Loungo        Bannan

Murphy           Da Cruz            Harris

Rhodes      Wickham

Guest Grez Bez
15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

25 man squad there be surprised if he makes the 20 to be honest.

Same but could get a place on the bench. Would be nice; he's a very good player.

Guest Grez Bez
14 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Wildsmith

Palmer    Iorfa     Borner 

Loungo        Bannan

Murphy           Da Cruz            Harris

Rhodes      Wickham

This but Reach for Harris

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

So I’ll jump right in by suggesting he’s signed a new long term deal.

Is my first thought.

I think he rejected a worse contract than the one he was one (not sure where I heard it).

To me, being the only one of the leavers to be included, Fox shows his professionalism. Good luck to him wherever he goes.