Owls squad to face Bristol tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Fox rejected a short term contract so they might have offered longer terms who knows. But hes under contract for a few more days

That's the key. He's in the squad as you say as he's still contracted and all things being equal WOULD feature and be in the managers plans. Where's Nando etc clearly don't feature regardless of the fact they're still contracted.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I think he is keeping his options open. If we offered him lower wages he is right to do this too. He might end up signing for us anyway if the uncertainty continues or income levels are going to rise quickly and we decide we can afford it.

I dont think Fox's actions mean he isn't interested in playing for us anymore. Unlike some others...

I agree, but it leaves a sour taste if he's watching the club struggle, but he's not helping out till he gets what he wants.

I do appreciate where he is coming from as well, but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

Contract till end of June. Surprised Monk hasn't ditched hime like the others tho.

Quite possibly no falling out, just wants to chance his arm elsewhere. Where as you can detect from Monks tone that "some" players didn't come back as they should have, eg Nando and they aren't in his long term plans. I'd imagine it's amicable between him, the club & Fox.

• Like 2

Wildsmith

Iorfa.     Lees.     Borner 
Palmer.                                           Reach

Loungo
            Lee.                       Bannan

Nuhiu.   Wickham 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Anyone know if the squad can stay overnight Saturday ? Massive advantage to Bristol City if having to travel on the Sunday for a 12:00 kick off. 

Monk said they would be travelling down today. 2 coaches to maintain social distancing and they have sourced a hotel. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Wildsmith

Iorfa.     Lees.     Borner 
Palmer.                                           Reach

Loungo
            Lee.                       Bannan

Nuhiu.   Wickham 

Nuhiu and Wickham up top, stop it! 

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s rejected the short term contract but professional enough to be in the squad. 

Ive no problem with Fox, on low wages compared to the rest and always gives 100%. 

If he's rejected a contract then he's mad to risk injury 

Its a difficult situation for players that for me is just another reason why this rump to the season is farcical 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Fletcher wasn’t perfect but never gave less than 100%.

Plus, the cameras caught him pull-up wincing.

If I was going to feign injury I'd do a bit of wincing as well........you have to have a calculated plan to get 2 weeks off or it looks like you're swinging the lead.

Just talking from personnel experience, not saying Fletcher was doing that, but lasting 2 minutes after refusing to sign a contract extension does make one wonder.

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

If I was going to feign injury I'd do a bit of wincing as well........you have to have a calculated plan to get 2 weeks off or it looks like you're swinging the lead.

Just talking from personnel experience, not saying Fletcher was doing that, but lasting 2 minutes after refusing to sign a contract extension does make one wonder.

Fletcher with his injury record really would be crackers to risk any injury if he's looking for another club 

• Like 2

Although Wickham and Nuhiu are both on the “large unit” side of things they lack mobility and sharpness around the box. Ideally I’d like to see Wickham and Windass as a pairing, is Windass injured? (Can’t remember if I read that on here somewhere last week). It’ll be an interesting game tomorrow and is usually a fixture where we get something points wise. Late goal from Wee Bazza to win it or tie it?

7 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Although Wickham and Nuhiu are both on the “large unit” side of things they lack mobility and sharpness around the box. Ideally I’d like to see Wickham and Windass as a pairing, is Windass injured? (Can’t remember if I read that on here somewhere last week). It’ll be an interesting game tomorrow and is usually a fixture where we get something points wise. Late goal from Wee Bazza to win it or tie it?

Aye Reyt, just checked back and Windass is out for at least three games with calf injury. Soz, can’t keep up any more...oo er missus!

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Yorkshire post was reporting that he was offered less than the current £8k pw that he’s currently on. Personally, if this is the case, he will leave. There will be a club in the championship who will offer him £10k pw even in the current climate. 

Personally, I’d keep him. Basic going forward but a vastly underrated defender. He’s decent in my opinion. 

I disagree about going forward. he's the only player who looks to cross as soon as he can. And he's one of the best in our team at crossing the ball.  £8,000 a week is over £400,000 a year though, an astonishing salary for an average footballer at an under achieving second tier club. I know it may be the going rate but he's not worth any more.

• Thanks 1