Owls squad to face Bristol tomorrow.

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

I’m not normally part of the conspiracy squad, but with what’s happened this week I can’t help but feel it was a bit of a ******** take last week. Hope i’m wrong of course. 

Fletcher wasn’t perfect but never gave less than 100%.

Plus, the cameras caught him pull-up wincing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Fletcher wasn’t perfect but never gave less than 100%.

Plus, the cameras caught him pull-up wincing.

Yep, agree he always gave 100%. But I’m cynical about players, and if there’s a contract on offer elsewhere why would any of them risk it in the current circumstances. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Fox may be in the squad because he is the  only left back we have and is still under contract till next week. 

Ironically, if we are making a more permanent switch to 3-5-2 (which I hope we are), I think he’d make a pretty decent left sided centre back.

• Like 6

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Me too mate. 

he will think Pelupessy is a more defensive midfielder than the 3 we played last week (personally I thought the midfield looked very solid last week and wouldn’t change it) going to Bristol City with 10 men makes it even more difficult. 

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Surely we’ll stick with the midfield three of Lee, Luongo and Bannan and also Wickham and Rhodes up front

I would really hope so but I reckon Monk will think we need to be more defensive away and will see Pelupessy as a defensive player. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would really hope so but I reckon Monk will think we need to be more defensive away and will see Pelupessy as a defensive player. 

If we do play A more defensive setup I would hope it’s the wing backs that would change rather than bring in Pelupessy.

we need to give that midfield three a good run not only for this season but to see if it is something we can build the team around next season

29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Whats the point, if hes not interested in playing for the club any more, if the stories are true?

I think he is keeping his options open. If we offered him lower wages he is right to do this too. He might end up signing for us anyway if the uncertainty continues or income levels are going to rise quickly and we decide we can afford it.

I dont think Fox's actions mean he isn't interested in playing for us anymore. Unlike some others...