Let's start Alex Hunt

Guest freerole

The main thing is, it's something to be positive about. Like "shall we open our presents now or later?"

16 minutes ago, marshy said:

He probably means we are often guilty of jumping on players backs way too early.lol

At most other clubs youngsters with little experience last get blamed when things are going poorly. Here they are first to get booed. 

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, malek said:

In Hunt, Grant and Shaw we have 3 very talented midfielders. 

I watched lot of PL2 this year and didn't see many better midfielders that the se 3.

Add Waldock to that list. He has a bit of everything. Probably just behind the other 3 but he's a talent.

Hunt is different gravy. He's got a good career ahead of him. He does look about 8yo though. He needs a run in the team or at least plenty of minutes from the bench.

7 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Add Waldock to that list. He has a bit of everything. Probably just behind the other 3 but he's a talent.

Hunt is different gravy. He's got a good career ahead of him. He does look about 8yo though. He needs a run in the team or at least plenty of minutes from the bench.

Without any doubt Waldock is a talented one, but as you said needs bit more time playing U-23 football. 

In my opinion Grant looks most promising out of those 3 although I feel he was used poorly this season for U-23's. Bannan aside perhaps most skilful player in our squad. 

Hunt is aggressive - probably has the little man syndrome but he does the simple things right.   He is tidy on the ball and uses his aggression in a positive fashion and looks up the pitch, not backwards.    We've had a coulple of small guys of similar ilk, and I don't class Bannan as one of them - Graham Hyde was one, Danny Wilson another.      I'm a man, i'm the little man, and i'm going to get the better of you, bring it on!

Hunt is ready for the first team, I would put him in until the end of the season and get him ready for next. 

He's got big things ahead of him, you can only nurture talent for so long. 

Let him have a go with no crowds to get on his back. We will know if he is ready or not. 

I’ll be honest, I like the Brentford model but as several have already touched on we don’t have the patience for it here.

Even though we’re playing behind closed doors and it would arguably be a decent time to try and give some youngsters game time, I’d be amazed if Monk looks beyond Hunt and Urgohide unless we get seriously stretched with injuries?

Don’t think we should just thrown him in but it would be good to give him a couple of full games before the end of the season to see what he’s made of (and don’t say biscuits!).

Then with a full pre season with the first team I’d hope he would be fully immersed in the first team squad picture next season.

Hunt's deal runs out in 2021, big year for him. He's one of those players who seems to do everything right. In midfield talent only gets you so far, it's decision making that's the key. 

Edited by Owls2k

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Hunt's deal runs out in 2021, big year for him. He's one of those players who seems to do everything right. In midfield talent only gets you so far, it's decision making that's the key. 

If that's the case we need to tie him down asap. Can't be losing another promising youngster for nothing  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, malek said:

Without any doubt Waldock is a talented one, but as you said needs bit more time playing U-23 football. 

In my opinion Grant looks most promising out of those 3 although I feel he was used poorly this season for U-23's. Bannan aside perhaps most skilful player in our squad. 

From what I’ve seen Shaw is the most talented one we have. May not be as skilful as Grant but his work rate physicality composure and eye for a goal give him the edge I’d like him to be given a run. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

From what I’ve seen Shaw is the most talented one we have. May not be as skilful as Grant but his work rate physicality composure and eye for a goal give him the edge I’d like him to be given a run. 

Shaw will probably be used as a target man before the end of the season?

22 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Give it time..

"too lightweight"

"poor man's Bannan"

it WILL happen!

inevitables. 

If you don't like uninformed, often abusive knee jerk reaction, social media is not the place to be. 

At the ground itself around me Bannan is bizarrely the player who gets most stick.