FORESTIERI'S AN ANGRY MAN

Guest freerole
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes.
And?

Nowhere does it say it's a brand new fresh story just posted now?

I just wondered why a rehash of something that was commented on quite a bit yesterday......

....oh hang on...I remember now.

Very talented player, but his best days are gone - he came to us; a team just above mid-championship level at the height of his career. He will find he has limited options over the coming weeks/months.

His personality baggage will put many off, but not all - someone may take a year punt on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

It will be becasue we offered drastically reduced terms, I bet.  Which he thinks he had no choice but to refuse.  But it's been pitched in the media as 'FORESTIERI REJECTS OWLS!!!'.

Rightly too. He has barely played in the last 2 seasons, comes with a lot of baggage and is not the player he was. 

You're right he chose to reject the contract. It was til the end of the season, his choice the club is in the right

I'd be amazed if the club have not asked him to sign to take us to the end of the season. He clearly didn't want to sign. There's no other story involved. Never known a player have virtually every Christmas off. paid a blooming fortune. Chucked toys out the pram & given a new contract. 

See ya Nando.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

It will be becasue we offered drastically reduced terms, I bet.  Which he thinks he had no choice but to refuse.  But it's been pitched in the media as 'FORESTIERI REJECTS OWLS!!!'.

He has been paid for the last three months for doing F ALL good riddance.

I honestly don't see him getting a lucrative contract any time soon. Why would anyone take the chance as the football related positive things around him have been very few and far between a long time now. Mario Balotelli of the Championship more or less.

Just now, Plonk said:

Mmm. Just for a bit of balance. One of the few players of the last 20 years that actually provided some excitement and outstanding moments. Slagged off by monk for not being fit and apparently the club have not even spoke to him about a new contract. Before realising they hadn’t got enough players to finish the season. And try people go all gooey eyed about James a Connor. 

im just waiting for the first comment on here next season of “ if only we’d kept FF” or “ why don’t we sign flair players anymore”.

i hope he does tell his side of the story. Having met him several times and always found him to be a genuine nice guy. I think I would believe his version over the snake oil seller

Did he pay for your shopping in Asda or summat?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Mmm. Just for a bit of balance. One of the few players of the last 20 years that actually provided some excitement and outstanding moments. Slagged off by monk for not being fit and apparently the club have not even spoke to him about a new contract. Before realising they hadn’t got enough players to finish the season. And try people go all gooey eyed about James a Connor. 

im just waiting for the first comment on here next season of “ if only we’d kept FF” or “ why don’t we sign flair players anymore”.

i hope he does tell his side of the story. Having met him several times and always found him to be a genuine nice guy. I think I would believe his version over the snake oil seller

I thought the first paragraph of this post was just utterly bizarre...

Then as I read on I started to think "I bet this fella's one of those who have met Forestieri, had their photo with him, and fawned over him and come away thinking 'he's a nice guy'"

Then we got to the bottom line....

lol

The first paragraph though - I highly recommend everyone reading it again - it's a real classic

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop