Penney and Van Aken can play 🐿

3 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

From what I can see in the rules that have been published, Penney and JvA won't qualify for this. It says for players at clubs where the leagues have been curtailed - and 2. Bundesliga is being finished. Could just be ambiguous terminology though.

Definitely need some clarification on this as the EFL spokesperson in that article said "Players returning from loan (whether that be a Standard Loan or an International Loan) can be eligible to play for their parent Club in the parent Club’s remaining Season 2019/20 League Matches based on a number of limited circumstances."

As long as those limited circumstances prevent PL clubs from playing players whose loans have expired after 30th June, otherwise Palace & Newcaslte, with little to play for, might feel they want to take a closer look at Wickham and Murphy.

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

German Bundesliga 2 regular season ends on Saturday, their clubs have avoided the relegation play-off (just). But won't they have to quarantine once entering the country? I cant see any exemptions for athletes on here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

I think quarantine will have gone by the time they finish.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

thanks for the info. I don’t suppose you have heard any whispers on how the EFL case is going? 

Nope, nothing. It's all very tight-lipped. We're talking to Garry tomorrow, but I doubt he'll give anything away.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Definitely need some clarification on this as the EFL spokesperson in that article said "Players returning from loan (whether that be a Standard Loan or an International Loan) can be eligible to play for their parent Club in the parent Club’s remaining Season 2019/20 League Matches based on a number of limited circumstances."

As long as those limited circumstances prevent PL clubs from playing players whose loans have expired after 30th June, otherwise Palace & Newcaslte, with little to play for, might feel they want to take a closer look at Wickham and Murphy.

The rules I've seen say it's from curtailed leagues as I mentioned, so with the Championship not being curtailed then they wouldn't be able to play them. It's more about letting Championship clubs use their League One/Two players if they need to.

1 minute ago, YesWeCrann said:

The rules I've seen say it's from curtailed leagues as I mentioned, so with the Championship not being curtailed then they wouldn't be able to play them. It's more about letting Championship clubs use their League One/Two players if they need to.

As @pazowl55 stated that sounds sensible (though sensible and the EFL don't always go hand in hand). Looks like Dom has put 2 and 2 together and got 5 with this one. 

Guest wilyfox

If the rule change permits us to use Penney, that's a bonus. Personally, I'd be more worried about potentially losing Wickham & Murphy. Hopefully they don't qualify. 

2 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Nice one, people might take notice of this now it has been posted in big bold print, it was seemingly ignored when posted the best part of an hour ago in this thread!

:ghoulguy:

15 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

I believe Van Aken is the one. A ball playing centre back, is it? 

Him and Lorfa next season, what a smooth pairing that could be. 

Niiiiiice. 

You would play Van Aken instead of Borner? lol 

• Like 1