Lessons we should now have learnt

So after what has been a disappointed few years after showing such promise in Carlos's Playoff Final year, what lessons should the club have learnt ready to push this club that we all love forward?

If a player doesn't want to be here then sell them immediately?

Attacking football works better in this league than negative tactics?

If you want players to stay then sort out contracts as early as possible?

Make the club as self-sufficient as possible even at the expense of attracting some players?

Forget a quick fix to get promotion, I want to know what you think we need to do to make supporting this club enjoyable and leave us all with a feeling of pride again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We still haven't learnt to get our ticket pricing correct, still got unattractive football despite the promises, still got empty executive boxes, still got a club crest that the majority dislike, still got a poor match day experience, still losing fans. I'd say as a club we haven't learnt very much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think we’ve only sold Hunt or Joao for any money. The amount of money we’ve spent on transfers and wages and to be in a position now after DC is probably down £150m into this venture is quite frankly criminal. 

Don't forget the legend that is Rhoys Wiggins.

• Haha 1

The amount of money needlessly spaffed by DC is absolutely frightening. Still its his cash but we have to stand by and watch the car crash.

Unfortunately I dont see him learning any lesson's anytime soon.

The first step for me would be the appointment of a decent chief executive who knows his onions in and around running a football club properly. DC could then stay in the background providing the funding.

Remit for the CEO would be to get promotion to the Prem in 3 years with everything under their control, manager, players, commercial, ticketing etc

• Like 1

Club should have learned from last 5 years:

1.Do homework on your signings, none of this he sounds good we will buy him nonsense.

2. Have a back up plan in case your plan A like promotion doesn't come off.

3. People who support Wednesday in the main dont have bottomless amounts of money to spend on schemes like 1867 Club and multi year season tickets every 18 months.

• Like 1

Just now, Jesus said:

So after what has been a disappointed few years after showing such promise in Carlos's Playoff Final year, what lessons should the club have learnt ready to push this club that we all love forward?

If a player doesn't want to be here then sell them immediately?

Attacking football works better in this league than negative tactics?

If you want players to stay then sort out contracts as early as possible?

Make the club as self-sufficient as possible even at the expense of attracting some players?

Forget a quick fix to get promotion, I want to know what you think we need to do to make supporting this club enjoyable and leave us all with a feeling of pride again?

What ever we think it will fall on Deaf ears with Chansiri  ,EFL  meeting at this moment  has been caused by his arrogance  people have tried advising  him ,He listens  to nobody , 

• Like 1

1. We need a footballing strategy that informs all of our decisions on transfers.

2. You can't solely rely on experienced 30+ players (I mean I think us fans knew this already). 

3. If you highlight an area of weakness in the team (Bullying CM) don't purchase Almen Abdi

4. 7 strikers at a club that play 1 or 2 per match is probably too much and you'll end up annoying a few of them. 

5. We are not a family, it's OK to sell players

6. The EFL are serious about FFP when it come to Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope many more lessons have been learned. I worry that they haven't

Daft as it sounds the first season derailed the long term plans, I dont think the club were expecting to challenge for promotion in the first season but when promotion presented itself we had to go for it.  

CC reign should have gone in reverse then he would have been seen in a better light.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade