Division 3 Appreciation Thread

29 minutes ago, Bez said:

League One is my favourite division.  Most of my best Wednesday memories come from the seasons we spend down there.

Away to Yeovil.  Playing D&R.  Kuqi flop against Swindon on opening day.  Cardiff.  MacLean.  Rochdale & Bury away ends.

If we were to be deducted points and go down, I won't be too sad because it's such a good division.

What are your best memories from League 1?

Amazing!! I love your optimism.  

Being 1-0 up v Blackpool at Hillsboro, Them getting a man sent off then us conceding 2 goals. 

You could literally feel it was about to happen as you watched us lose possession from our KO, walk through our defence and slot home the winner. 

Dreadful tough league in which we would struggle..  some say we can rebuild better in league one..

We thought that last time and struggled,  we'd struggle to attract decent players.

No way do I want SWFC to endure anything lower than Championship level.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bez said:

Ditching a summer job to go, 35 degree heat, in the Dolphin pub with Phil King and him marching fans to the match, getting fried on the away end and Wednesday fans spraying water everywhere, going 3 up and nearly throwing it away, nearly getting punched by Swindon fans in slow motion on the way out and driving through Birmingham at 10pm.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Burst out laughing at this, bravo! 

Oldham away with Sanchez Watt and David Prutton scoring a worldy. Crowd went ballistic. That chuffing hill you have to climb up tho! 

Think somebody on here took this - still love watching it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Bez said:

Scummy move from Yeovil.  Winning this one was amazing.

Remember this day purely because I had Wednesday in a 9 team accumulator. Every result i needed was coming through to fulltime and I was just driving down to the bookies (bet was done on a slip) with a right smile on my face thinking what I was going to spend my winnings on, next minute a score announcement on radio states that Jimmy Ryan had just scored a 94th minute equaliser for Scunthorpe at Walsall. No £960 winnings and I have hated Scunthorpe and Jimmy Ryan ever since.