SAM HUTCHINSON - Megathread

4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think Sam was a bit like marmite here, you either loved him or hated him. The doomsayers always quoted injuries or disciplinary issues at the mear mention of his name.(With both usually greatly exaggerated) . I always thought the team played better with him in it rather than not selected. It probably is time for him to go even under a different regime as players go stale or need a new challenge. I for one though will always rate his efforts while he was on the park.

I agree, he was a leader on the pitch, gave everything and he hated losing.

Yesterday I watched highlights from some games earlier in the season and he was immense. IMO we are a weaker team without him.

• Like 1

Listened to the interview he did with Andy Giddings earlier, as always very insightful and only makes you grow fonder of him!

He does make a few interesting points over issues i thought otherwise of;

-References he was paid quite well in his own terms, makes me wonder he may have been on the higher end of the pay scale when i would have put him towards the middle/bottom. Perhaps why Monk/Jos wanted him gone so quickly, just another big earner they wanted to shift?

-Talks about the dressing room being brilliant when he joined and how it was under Carlos - massive factor in how successful a team is, highlights how much they struggled after Carlos left and the loss of "leaders' in the team. I think he's referring to Loovens which we all know is a big void we have never filled.

-The comments he makes around Monk and his approach to practise, by the sounds of it his philosophy is if you can't train you don't play, perhaps a reason why he was frozen out? As by his own admission Hutchinson says he needed days of to recover due to past injuries, I think this could be a factor why Westwood joined him in the isolation brigade under more than 1 manager. 

-As you would expect full of praise for Carlos and Bruce, take this with a pinch of salt as Carlos was behind him getting his big contract and showing the world he can still play but facts are facts. When Hutchinson played regularly we were never a losing or a bad team for long.

Great listen and best of luck to a truly inspirational figure that we will miss, hope he goes on to play 100 more games and continues to prove people wrong.

• Like 1

Sam Hutchinson.

CC Season One.

Aggresive attacking football.

A winning attitude, but unfortunately he had Paul McGraths knees, after Paul McGrath had finished with them...

Good Luck Sam, and thanks for the memories

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Sam Hutchinson.

CC Season One.

A winning attitude, but unfortunately he had Paul McGraths knees, after Paul McGrath had finished with them...

Brilliant..after watching that we have to bring Carlos home..asap

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Sam Hutchinson.

CC Season One.

How we have fallen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Brilliant..after watching that we have to bring Carlos home..asap

omg he spent 100 million on wages and transfer fees , any decent manager would say no i dont want rhodes,winnall etc they wont fit my style of play , and no i dont want to fill the squad with 30somethings in it on long very lucrative contracts . why do you think we are in a mess now and have been for 3-4 years its paying for a manger whos legacy is possibly the end of this club . yer lets get him back. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Listened to the interview he did with Andy Giddings earlier, as always very insightful and only makes you grow fonder of him!

He does make a few interesting points over issues i thought otherwise of;

-References he was paid quite well in his own terms, makes me wonder he may have been on the higher end of the pay scale when i would have put him towards the middle/bottom. Perhaps why Monk/Jos wanted him gone so quickly, just another big earner they wanted to shift?

-Talks about the dressing room being brilliant when he joined and how it was under Carlos - massive factor in how successful a team is, highlights how much they struggled after Carlos left and the loss of "leaders' in the team. I think he's referring to Loovens which we all know is a big void we have never filled.

-The comments he makes around Monk and his approach to practise, by the sounds of it his philosophy is if you can't train you don't play, perhaps a reason why he was frozen out? As by his own admission Hutchinson says he needed days of to recover due to past injuries, I think this could be a factor why Westwood joined him in the isolation brigade under more than 1 manager. 

-As you would expect full of praise for Carlos and Bruce, take this with a pinch of salt as Carlos was behind him getting his big contract and showing the world he can still play but facts are facts. When Hutchinson played regularly we were never a losing or a bad team for long.

Great listen and best of luck to a truly inspirational figure that we will miss, hope he goes on to play 100 more games and continues to prove people wrong.

Don't fall for it mate

Sam Hutchinson tells a totally completely different story ever time you ask him the same question

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Nice to see a fully committed player at time but sometimes a total liability for me - mixed feelings really.

Same here.

On his day he was a class act, but I always felt like he was on the verge of going in with a leg breaker. Whether that was down to temperament, or (at times) being behind the pace of the game , I could never fully tell.

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Ironically he’d be in his element in a 352.

Never saw the appeal of him in a central two, but playing behind Bannan and Lee or Bannan and Luongo would have been something.

He was the ideal centre of the three at the back.

Leader, brilliant at reading the game, excellent long range pass on him.

The problem with Iorfa or even if Borner played there is their tendency to try and pinch the ball. When they fail they are massively out of position.

The latter has the better ability to play there but lacks the former's pace to get him out of an hole when both are inevitably drawn in to the tackle.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

omg he spent 100 million on wages and transfer fees , any decent manager would say no i dont want rhodes,winnall etc they wont fit my style of play , and no i dont want to fill the squad with 30somethings in it on long very lucrative contracts . why do you think we are in a mess now and have been for 3-4 years its paying for a manger whos legacy is possibly the end of this club . yer lets get him back. 

There were all sorts of rumours that Carlos wasn’t the one bringing in those players, which given how much of a basket case we are otherwise I can well believe. 

Either way, it’s DC’s responsibility to say no—he’s the one responsible for the financial well being of the club. 

• Like 1

Can't comment on stuff begging closed doors ... but it's a big loss and maybe disappointment how it's all ended for Hutch.

He's probably .. or was now he's left, our best centre back and absolute lesser/ captain. Definitely prolonged his career there sebs maybe saw it out with us

And he dedicate has a myth about injuries and discipline from his early time with us. Hardly had dn5 issues last couple of years

Best of luck Hutch

Guest mrbluesky
49 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Can't comment on stuff begging closed doors ... but it's a big loss and maybe disappointment how it's all ended for Hutch.

He's probably .. or was now he's left, our best centre back and absolute lesser/ captain. Definitely prolonged his career there sebs maybe saw it out with us

And he dedicate has a myth about injuries and discipline from his early time with us. Hardly had dn5 issues last couple of years

Best of luck Hutch

Well, at least I understood the last sentence.

On 11/07/2020 at 12:22, DobbinTheDonkey said:

He was the ideal centre of the three at the back.

Leader, brilliant at reading the game, excellent long range pass on him.

The problem with Iorfa or even if Borner played there is their tendency to try and pinch the ball. When they fail they are massively out of position.

The latter has the better ability to play there but lacks the former's pace to get him out of an hole when both are inevitably drawn in to the tackle.

Sam Hutchinson would be a great signing for this football club right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1