SAM HUTCHINSON - Megathread

imo been our best player for a good few years …my abiding memory of him will be when he  chased that ball down  against Norwich when Wallace scored …...shame we wont see him again but the right decision to let him go .  

• Thanks 1

Out of those that are off, I find this one most disappointing.

Would have been nice to give him a proper send off.

He's not shy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to give his take on things when he's finally off.

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

imo been our best player for a good few years …my abiding memory of him will be when he  chased that ball down  against Norwich when Wallace scored …...shame we wont see him again but the right decision to let him go .  

This came to my mind as well... although at times Sam was a bit of a liability discipline wise he always gave 100% when he played. If he’d been a bit more controlled he’d have made a great captain. The type of player you want in your team not playing against you, midfield playmakers in the championship must have gulped a little when they saw Sam‘s name on the team sheet! I wish him luck in the future he has been a good servant of the club especially having been told that he shouldn’t play again after the injuries he got as a youngster, really hope he does well as a coach somewhere. Cheers, Sam!

Edited by sternlad
Spelling error
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nath83 said:

Out of those that are off, I find this one most disappointing.

Would have been nice to give him a proper send off.

He's not shy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to give his take on things when he's finally off.

we have given him a proper send off ... we’ve continued to pay his £25k per week wages since he spat his dummy out ahead off, during and after QPR away in the cup in January 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Great player when he was on form and on the pitch, that's slowed right down the past year or so. 

Wish him every success going forward, but right decision again I think. 

Once Jos got the boot and Bullen brought him back he played in 22 of our last 24 games of the season under Bullen and Bruce. We lost 4 of those games.

This season he started in 20 and came on as sub twice in our first 26 league games (missed 1 through injury and 3 suspended) before Monk froze him out.

So he played in 44 league games in a calendar year between frozen 1 with Jos and then frozen 2 with Monk. That's nearly every game.

When fit, one of the better players in our squad.

Cannot fault his hinger/desire to won a ball, and was a leader on the pitch !

Christ knows what's really gone on behind the scenes, but was time to move on.

Will get another club easily and probably end up playing in defence rather than midfield..

Thanks Sam, don't close the door on your way out, there's more following behind you !!

14 hours ago, Miffed said:

Apologies mate.... It was originally stated in the opening post of the thread but looks like it’s since been edited out. 

There’s a couple of posts in this thread based on that as well... no wonder we thought it was weird.

Makes more sense for him to be released. 

No need to apologise mate just so many reading adding 2+2 making their own numbers up lol but no him and winnall released lol shame my main confusion is fletcher said he wanted to stay and end career then does that.

Have you seen the post about fessi two sides to every story thing 

• Like 1

All this rubbish about fitness still going on here. Sam has been fit for last 18 months. Played in good run last year and just about all games as we climbed to 3rd in table this season. The midfield has been powder puff since his alleged fall out with Monk and results awful. Sad way for him to go but im pretty sure he will have a fair few offers on the table. Thanks for the memories Sam.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

All this rubbish about fitness still going on here. Sam has been fit for last 18 months. Played in good run last year and just about all games as we climbed to 3rd in table this season. The midfield has been powder puff since his alleged fall out with Monk and results awful. Sad way for him to go but im pretty sure he will have a fair few offers on the table. Thanks for the memories Sam.

Same with all the carp spouted about his discipline and always getting booked or sent off.

He's received 2 red cards in his 6 years here, the last was over 3 years ago.

In the last 2 seasons Bannan has had far more yellow cards than SH.

Got nothing against Hutchinson. Gave his all when he played, agree with some others we missed a trick not playing him at centre half. People mention the Newcastle game, I see to remember him playing at centre half against Villa opening day and playing well, too.

Edited by Gparrish

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Same with all the carp spouted about his discipline and always getting booked or sent off.

He's received 2 red cards in his 6 years here, the last was over 3 years ago.

In the last 2 seasons Bannan has had far more yellow cards than SH.

Think Sam was a bit like marmite here, you either loved him or hated him. The doomsayers always quoted injuries or disciplinary issues at the mear mention of his name.(With both usually greatly exaggerated) . I always thought the team played better with him in it rather than not selected. It probably is time for him to go even under a different regime as players go stale or need a new challenge. I for one though will always rate his efforts while he was on the park.

• Like 1