SAM HUTCHINSON - Megathread

One of me favourites in recent years. I'm a bit old fashioned but I like seeing someone out there getting stuck in. We've always been a bit milky for my liking letting opposition stroll about. 

Shame it seemingly turned to shyte. But that's life. If dressing room unrest is true you just can't have it. 

Anyroad. Cheers Sam. 

• Like 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Played 23 games this season until he was frozen out, probably fittest he's ever been with us.

I'd love to know exactly what he's done!

I think we are going to miss Sam more than the others, probably because Monk has decided Pelupessy is a better option!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was he.

I doubt it, but OP suggests he was

Thread dedicated to Sam Hutchinson who is off having turned down a contract extension and is leaving the club officially on 30th June 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

HUTCHINSON.jpg

SAM HUTCHINSON - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 

Thread dedicated to Sam Hutchinson who is off and is leaving the club officially on 30th June 

What are your memories of Sam?  What were his SWFC highlights?

Just one of many of the old guard who have been Here too long and need to go. 

• Like 1

Loved him. Gutted he's leaving.  Gave his all for the shirt every time he wore it. 

A liability - yes at times

Made of paper - yes, often 

But he loved playing for us and deserved a much better send off than this. 

Highlights - Home game v Barnsley 2016, Away game v Newcastle 2016, 

the triple tackle v Preston?, the double tackle in the penalty area at home to QPR, the goal celebration at Brentford, when he got flattened by a free kick v Wolves and stood straight back up again, an immense tackle on the edge of the box to stop a certain goal away at Preston and probably many others I can't remember.

Ironically, all of these were in the 2016/17 season which was his best for us, when he won multiple player of the season awards. Sadly he never quite reached those heights again. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Been here too long. Good riddance.

Harsh. Good servant to the club, gave everything when he crossed that line irrespective of what was going off behind closed doors, never let it effect his dedication for the fans - knew who paid his wages and appreciated it. Wish we had more with that on field desire and attitude. 

Seen some negative comments around tonight about Sam, I’ve had my opinions on here over the years and more so recently , but ya know what ... take your negativity and ram it ... Fantastic player for this football club and I’ve throughly enjoyed watching him play for our club 

Left under a bit of a cloud but I’ll remember all the brilliant times he’s had here as a player and wish him all the best 

I always liked Sam as a player, in another life he might have been a regular in the England squad, I have no Knowledge why he was black balled by two managers , no doubt he will tell us one day.

Good luck Sam and thank for the memories especially the goal against Arsenal. 

Summet is amiss with Sam. No one can fault his attitude and commitment whilst on the pitch and we are always a better player on it, without question.

But, 2 managers have sacked him off now and I get the feel he is a really disruptive influence. Also rumours we have a toxic changing room and you just wonder whether he is a pivotal player in all this? 

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

that’s the strangest thing about it, the fact that apparently he was. 

wheres it say this ?? All ive read is fletcher fox and fessi refuse

Nuhiu and lee accept

Winnall and hutch released so no sign of anything offered 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

wheres it say this ?? All ive read is fletcher fox and fessi refuse

Nuhiu and lee accept

Winnall and hutch released so no sign of anything offered 

Apologies mate.... It was originally stated in the opening post of the thread but looks like it’s since been edited out. 

There’s a couple of posts in this thread based on that as well... no wonder we thought it was weird.

Makes more sense for him to be released.