Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

4 minutes ago, erowl said:

I thought Monk liked loyalty and commitment from his players ... Why did he include Fletcher on Saturday knowing full well he wouldn't turn out for us in July?

Might as well have given Atdhe a chance to repay his commitment. 

Perhaps he didnt. I think the injury has made up Fletcher's mind for him.

1 minute ago, S W F C said:

Anyone think talks are still ongoing with FF, fletch and fox? 

They have said Winnall and Hutchinson will be released after 30th June but no mention of fox, Fletcher and FF? 

No.  It says they will leave.

I’m really not bothered, the more that leave the better. Time for a fresh start. 

Who would I be disappointed to see leave? Iorfa and possibly Bannan although I think it is time for a new approach in midfield. 

Anyone else is dispensable, we need to start again, whatever league that us in. 

Personally, I am willing to give Monk a shot at doing it, if he can bring his own staff in. 

Fletcher probably gets a better offer elsewhere unless his fitness level proves to be a problem, which it well could. I'm sorry to see him go, he's a model professional and good to have around. The club probably tried a reduced terms offer which just didn't work out.

Fox.. hard to say. I think he had enough of the abuse and the true Wednesday way would be that he came to bite us later. A useful squad player, but I'm positive that this means more time for Penney.

Forestieri.. sorry, not enough shown for a long time now. We as a club cannot afford players who can't keep their physical or mental fitness levels consistently. He should have been sold the first time he didn't want to play for the club, because we all know that such things come from the heart.

Guest mkowl
6 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Don’t think there is anything sinister in them not renewing. We just haven’t offered them sufficient terms.

We move on.

As said earlier I suspect the expectation of the players would be a) sign short term extension and b) be offered a decent contract for next season.

If they only got a) or got b) at significantlying reduced terms then that has made the call I suspect

Best outcome all round. None of the released players had the stones for a scrap which we are now in.

Step forward once more the club legend Adthe Nuhiu, who rescued us when all of these losers were playing fortnite on the treatment table under Jos. He will rescue us again now he is back to being our number 1 striker.

With some of these hopalongs off the books we can probably furlough the medical team as well to save a few quid.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

No real surprise is it to see people leave a sinking ship when they can. I wish I could but I have 27 years investment that I can’t get back.  Roll on Sunday! 

Does your missus feel the same way? 

• Haha 1