Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Fletcher gives us presence when he is on the pitch but it's no good having players that spend half the season out injured. Forestieri great on his day but when was the last one? He isn't a team player either and sulks around the pitch. Fox has improved but he is easily replaceable.

Agree but do you think we have the players to step in their shoes?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Am i right in thinking then that Fox, Forestieri and Fletcher couldn't even be ars*ed to help us out for the remaing games this season?

Nuhiu did...and we all still hate Nuhiu?

Yep

I think we could have guessed the two who would stay and help would be Lee and Atty.

Proper club men.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vulva said:

It doesn’t. It effectively says they refused a short term deal to protect their next long term deal. That’s my interpretation anyway. 

Tbf if there contracts are up and they have a big money move round the corner, you can see why they don’t sign. If I was a player and someone offered me big money I wouldn’t want to risk getting injured and not get the move. 

1 hour ago, 442 said:

Club needed a rebuild.

Happy we’re getting rid. 

Bannan next.

I can see Bannan going at the end of the season. He’ll probably be pi$$ed off that we’ve been unable to keep Fletcher? I think Reach could go as well?

Guest Theboylangers

Maybe the players weren't sure what league we'd be playing in and that influenced their decision. 

Who knows but not sad to see them go if they haven't got the bottle to stay and fight for another month.

Fletcher - Very disappointed but the latest injury probably nailed the coffin lid shut, so I do understand. Probably the correct decision.

Fox - he’s improved but the jury still can’t make a decision. If we are to play 352 then it’s less of an issue.

FF - should have gone in 2017. What a waste of talent. He’s a fool.

23 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

apologies if already answered 

100 days between 23/03 and 30/06

circa 14 weeks

fletcher on £36k per week

in short 500k

Ff not far behind 

pair of greedy two-hats 

Work it out over their time here

Mind boggling no vfm there at all.

Fox was awful for a long time, yes, he had a decent end to last season and he's been ok but part of a poor team this season. His hard work fools people, he's terrible in possession.

Penney will come good.

Forestieri will be remembered by me for a fantastic season when he first signed, since then he's not been bothered, all about himself, see ya.

Fletcher would be a big loss if he was just hitting 30, however, he's in the decline, let someone else over pay him.

Young and hungry players with a potential resale from now please.

Winnall is gash and Hutch broken.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, erowl said:

Monk knew because he hadn't signed before last Saturday.

I think it’s pretty obvious that on Saturday we still wanted Fox and Fletcher to extend for a month and accept the new contracts we have offered them.

Including them on the bench was part of trying to get them to stay.

He didn’t dump them because we wanted them to stay and there was still time to for them do so.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hopefully Nuhiu will follow at the end of the season. Would like Lee to stay on a one year deal, if he manages to stay fit better now and the end of the season.  

Nuhiu needs to go, never going to be more than a big lump to fire crosses at. We could find one in non league for less than 100k.

You never know, they might attack the ball.

Kieran Lee looked a lot fitter against Forest, hopefully he stays fit and earns another year.

• Like 1

If clubs start announcing signings after the 1st it’ll be interesting to see how quickly someone moves for these 3. 

It’ll be a good indicator of whether we offered below par terms or just offered until the end of July. You’d have to imagine if we’ve offered crap terms then all 3 will have moves in mind to go early July. If they’ve only been offered terms until August you’d imagine they’ll be kicking around for a club until the start date of next season is concrete. 

weren't they short contract extensions until the end of the season that they refused as opposed to new long term deal lol, like FF is going to get one of them. We need to cut wage bill but just shows they couldn't do that after being furlowed on 30g a week just to help out.. I know there's no loyalty or morals in football anymore so best well rid & they prob don't want to play in league 1 ffs 

Edited by S1Owl