He’s never going to shut up about this one

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Jos, Monk and Bruce. The football wasn’t great in season two, but Carlos knew how to win

Agree

We always downplay 16/17 because we didn't come quite as close and the football wasn't as free flowing. But we finished 4th which was higher and were a penalty shoot out away from being favourites to go up, such fine margins.

Carlos only really had one poor half season (and it was poor, v poor) in 17/18 - and the time felt right for him to leave.

But it really winds me up when people paint Carlos in such a negative light and only really judge him for the first half of 17/18. He's the closest thing we've come to any recognisable success in 25+ years.

• Like 1

Just now, nickswfc said:

Agree

We always downplay 16/17 because we didn't come quite as close and the football wasn't as free flowing. But we finished 4th which was higher and were a penalty shoot out away from being favourites to go up, such fine margins.

Carlos only really had one poor half season (and it was poor, v poor) in 17/18 - and the time felt right for him to leave.

But it really winds me up when people paint Carlos in such a negative light and only really judge him for the first half of 17/18. He's the closest thing we've come to any recognisable success in 25+ years.

I think it's the devastation he's left behind that people are talking about mate.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, gurujuan said:

I think it was more of a case of seeing the limitations in the squad, and devising a way to overcome them He massively overachieved in season two, but the disappointment was, the cagey approach not being enough to beat a very beatable Huddersfield side

We had a good system in 15/16, we just needed a few upgrades in certain positions imo. Jones looked a good signing and so did Abdi. Buckley, Mcmanaman, Winnal, Emanuelson, and Rhodes were unneeded additions to already bloated squad. I don’t think CC knew what to do with them all in the end 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's the devastation he's left behind that people are talking about mate.

What exactly is he being blamed for? Assembling the best squad we have had for some considerable time and getting to the play offs twice.

The state of the squad now I lay firmly at the door of Chansiri - refusing to sell players at the right time and atrocious managerial appointments (bar Bruce) post Carlos.

If we are blaming someone for the "devastation" then I would be looking more towards the Chairman's office than Carlos. The current legal battle being case in point.

Just now, One De Bilde said:

What exactly is he being blamed for? Assembling the best squad we have had for some considerable time and getting to the play offs twice.

The state of the squad now I lay firmly at the door of Chansiri - refusing to sell players at the right time and atrocious managerial appointments (bar Bruce) post Carlos.

If we are blaming someone for the "devastation" then I would be looking more towards the Chairman's office than Carlos. The current legal battle being case in point.

Well for starters The second Carlos went we started to find out from the players just what was going on at the training ground

Since then we've seen the attitudes of the players who have effectively been doing what they want, and don't want to change

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We had a good system in 15/16, we just needed a few upgrades in certain positions imo. Jones looked a good signing and so did Abdi. Buckley, Mcmanaman, Winnal, Emanuelson, and Rhodes were unneeded additions to already bloated squad. I don’t think CC knew what to do with them all in the end 

He did

He knew exactly what to do with em

He just split off 10 or 11 players, loved them, laughed with them, let them do what they like

All the others he just shoved into training with the Under 23's and ignored them

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is/was the devastation? 

Some players turning up late for training? Or the inflated signings? 

I'm kind of guessing here because I don't really know what was such an irreversible mess at the time.

Guest Grandad
55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't help but love him and his cheeky ways!

He's full on charming!

If only he didn't leave our club in tatters!

This is bullsheite - as has been proven by the trail of destruction here since he left. The problem is higher up

Just now, nickswfc said:

What is/was the devastation? 

Some players turning up late for training? Or the inflated signings? 

I'm kind of guessing here because I don't really know what was such an irreversible mess at the time.

You're seeing Monk and Chansiri trying to clean it all up right now as we speak re contracts and cleaning out the trouble

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Grandad said:

This is bullsheite - as has been proven by the trail of destruction here since he left. The problem is higher up

Chansiri didn't set the tone of training or the segregation of players in the squad or installing the work ethic in the team's training

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He did

He knew exactly what to do with em

He just split off 10 or 11 players, loved them, laughed with them, let them do what they like

All the others he just shoved into training with the Under 23's and ignored them

You have inside info I can tell... come on spill the beans

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're seeing Monk and Chansiri trying to clean it all up right now as we speak re contracts and cleaning out the trouble

Carlos has now been gone about the same time that he was here, can we seriously be saying that 2.5 years later, we're still cleaning 'his mess' up now.

It's just excuses.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Carlos equalled our club record for clean sheets in his first season here - Ive not seen him never shut up about that