What are you still angrymad about from Sheffield Wednesday's past?

6 hours ago, the monk said:

The Chessie game was worse than you remember ....it was Geoff Salmons ex blade !!

Wasn’t it something ridiculous like a he 97th minute when he scored? According to Chesterfield fans they more than deserved the point, but I’ve read somewhere that that goal from a corner than shouldn’t have been. Anyway that doesn’t really matter as we pipped them for the final promotion spot 😀

4 hours ago, Halfway-owl said:

That Charlton FA Cup game is the angriest I have ever been. Seeing Chris Powell swinging off the crossbar sent me into an absolute rage. Same old Wednesday.

What annoyed me at the time about that game was one of the Charlton goals, which iirc was a handball.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

But for some reasons, i've never really worked out why, the away team is naturally more negative..Maybe it's the crowd and the surroundings.  Or the players been more comfortable.  I guess Carlos had become more concerned (paranoid) and was trying his best to learn as much about the English Championship 'style' as he could in a way to get promoted.  I feel he was learning on the job. As I said this 'way' had got us there in an incredible run and perhaps at the time he wasn't flexible or smart enough to change it.  In hindsight it was a wrong call.  I can't justify it his decision but I can understand it.

I agree with this. It was the home game which annoyed me more. I can to an extent understand the away game tactics.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

I've got mixed feelings about that one.  I've seen it a hundred times and Hirst does take a swipe at the back of his leg.

By the letter of the law Hirsty had to go, yes their player made a meal of it but Hirsty was stupid for taking a slight kick at him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I've got mixed feelings about that one.  I've seen it a hundred times and Hirst does take a swipe at the back of his leg.

I’ve just watched it again now and their player should have been booked for simulation, but whilst the contact was minimal Hirsty shouldn’t have done it.

19 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

Trevor Francis wanting to see Cantona play on grass..

( sorry I forgot that one!)

I know there are different reports on what actually happened, but if he'd have played for us that season instead of Leeds we would probably have been champions, and we would have been one f the top 6 clubs in the country.

The mis-management of players and holding grudges from managers really gets me ticked! What happened to a roasting, a fine and then put it behind you? We’ll never be a top club if we can’t deal with high profile players properly! What has Westwood and Hutch done that is so bad they have been exiled and forced to not even train with the team? If they spoke out of line to gaffer, fine them and move on! How does it help anyone banishing them?!! Oh for a manager like Big Ron again that could handle players and not hold a grudge!! Di-Canio? Forestieri? Again poorly managed! Stick by your players!! 

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

How about Brights miss verse Arsenal just after we scored in the replay?

I'd love to see an alternate universe to see what would have happened if that had gone in.

I went for that one as well - although suspect I may have a different answer if you ask me the same question this time next week!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Qpr took our 3 million and went and bought Trevor Sinclair for 600k  who was a better player than Sinton. We had a perfectly good keeper in Pressman, there was no need to spend the money on butterfingers  Woods. All hindsight I know but this club has a long history of not being very astute in the transfer market.

you make a good point 

8 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Dave Richards the blame is with that me for that debacle 

There’s a number of people who the finger could be pointed at, or who have a degree of culpability for the situation we find ourselves in, Mr Richards being one.

Without writing a short novel, the nadir we find ourselves in can be summed up as starting with ‘Charterhouse’.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Losing my shoes at Anfield in the 80's. First season back we won 2 nil (Varadi I think). A beautiful and expensive pair of white loafers. I contacted the club and never heard a thing.

Some scally probably still has them.

They will have just come into fashion in Bindippersville by now Sam.....

I bet you looked a reyt Bobby Dazzler in them bad boys ? .....488653937_BRICKTOP_-_ALAN_FORD__90031.1487086157(1).jpg.1f70c65cdc19102d3c9f4902f2273e1d.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1