Hull CIty - The Athletic

17 hours ago, SiJ said:

I'm struggling to see how anyone can really sit there and claim that an ownership, who have asset stripped, sold their best players, alienated most of their fanbase etc., are doing a good job. 

Bonkers. 

And attempted a name change... 

hey come on i know we are not at our best at the moment.......

but we've been to the prem 3 seperate times (not 2) in the last 12 years and spent 2 years there first time with arguably our  worst side.

our best side, who beat you to get there would have stayed there for a few seasons but brucey left and we sold everyone who was worth anything. owners mission accomplished. get to the prem then close the cheque book and take the next 3 yrs parachute money 

to think we had maguire and robertson in defence at one time and both have been touted as the best in europe in their positions. i know you lot dote on harry for some reason.......

our owners are that thick and eager to sell players they didnt realise robertsons true worth and liverpool fans called him the bargain of the century.

europes best defender before lockdown.

we are the perfect example of owners who dont realise what fans mean to a club and actually go out of their way to stick two fingers up to us.

next season we are retaining our current manager on a 20% wage cut and 

after the bowen grosicky money comes in the rumour is the owners will pull the plug and put us into admin

they've maybe took enough money out of the club over the years and are determined to get back at us for not supporting their name change plans and more importantly our councils refusal to give them the land around the stadium for them to then get eu grants and develop it for -you guessed it -millions of profit.

huill city council then became the allams enemy so they then wanted to remove the city from our name cos it reminded them of our council

mad but true.

been nice knowing you - briefly

might see you again some time if ever you turn shittier

as we arent going anywhere but down again till our owners sell us on.

and then its all down to what our next owners are like

this is football today

it used to be all about the fans

those days are long gone

Edited by hullite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hullite said:

but we've been to the prem 3 seperate times (not 2) in the last 12 years and spent 2 years there first time with arguably our  worst side.

our best side, who beat you to get there would have stayed there for a few seasons but brucey left and we sold everyone who was worth anything. owners mission accomplished. get to the prem then close the cheque book and take the next 3 yrs parachute money 

to think we had maguire and robertson in defence at one time and both have been touted as the best in europe in their positions. i know you lot dote on harry for some reason.......

our owners are that thick and eager to sell players they didnt realise robertsons true worth and liverpool fans called him the bargain of the century.

we are the perfect example of owners who dont realise what fans mean to a club and actually go out of their way to stick two fingers up to us.

after the bowen grosicky money comes in the rumour is the owners will pull the plug and put us into admin

they've maybe took enough money out of the club over the years and are determined to get back at us for not supporting their name change plans and more importantly our councils refusal to give them the land around the stadium for them to then get eu grants and develop it for -you guessed it -millions of profit.

huill city council then became the allams enemy so they then wanted to remove the city from our name cos it reminded them of our council

mad but true.

this is football today

those days are long gone

Out of interest, do you think you had it better before or since the Allams?

Just not bothered...

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Out of interest, do you think you had it better before or since the Allams?

Why are you still trying to defend them?

They may have done a good job for a while and brought new success but your are hearing how it is now from the supporters mouth. It has turned sour and the owners have fudged it up big time.

Dave Richards brought success to us initially.........

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why are you still trying to defend them?

They may have done a good job for a while and brought new success but your are hearing how it is now from the supporters mouth. It has turned sour and the owners have fudged it up big time.

Dave Richards brought success to us initially.........

I'm not trying to defend them.  I want to know from a Hull fan how they feel about their place in the football world pre and post Allams.  

I guess the question is really "is it better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all?".  Most of their history has been spent in division 2 and 3 with the only time they've been in the top flight being under the current owners.

Just not bothered...

12 hours ago, hullite said:

mad but true.

this is football today

those days are long gone

Really do feel for you and the supporters. It is crap that football clubs can be totally trashed and fans alienated by incompetent owners who just don't get the game. Until we move to an ownership model like they have in Germany then this will continue to happen to clubs throughout the country. We could very well be the next victim. 

Wish you the best for next season and hopefully the owners ******** off soon. 

Edited by owls maniac

16 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

I once held a door open for him at St. Stephens shopping centre.

This is the kind of jaw dropping breaking news that keeps bringing me back to owlstalk

• Haha 1