THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I remember looking at this thread when it was 30 pages long and thought it would be a daunting read at about 600 comments. Thought I’ll wait until it calms down and catch up on everything.

So this is the first time I’ve opened the thread. Over 600 pages, 12,000 comments.

Could someone please sum up this thread in either a few sentences or maybe gifs and memes please? 

For bad news use something a long these lines. 

6C921ACD-DC73-4A82-8645-79FF91D90937.gif

517B4604-F9A3-46D8-A0C1-83F4CAC1D9DE.gif

1BE405A7-4169-403B-955F-0AFFE8BDE77A.gif

For good news please send something a long these lines

AC7F29BD-191A-4DBC-AF09-F6F95E91DFE1.gif

17DE4C7B-DE26-4EA7-8CA2-BAAEDD9CAB7F.gif

15C7DA9E-D4D4-4D3C-99C7-48B6025F3404.gif

Edited by jonesy87shef
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I remember looking at this thread when it was 30 pages long and thought it would be a daunting read at about 600 comments. Thought I’ll wait until it calms down and catch up on everything.

So this is the first time I’ve opened the thread. Over 600 pages, 12,000 comments.

Could someone please sum up this thread in either a few sentences or maybe gifs and memes please? 

For bad news use something a long these lines. 

6C921ACD-DC73-4A82-8645-79FF91D90937.gif

517B4604-F9A3-46D8-A0C1-83F4CAC1D9DE.gif

1BE405A7-4169-403B-955F-0AFFE8BDE77A.gif

For good news please send something a long these lines

AC7F29BD-191A-4DBC-AF09-F6F95E91DFE1.gif

17DE4C7B-DE26-4EA7-8CA2-BAAEDD9CAB7F.gif

15C7DA9E-D4D4-4D3C-99C7-48B6025F3404.gif

Are you after a recipe?

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

What’s really strange is surely it’s the owner that put them into admin ( alledgedly to win a bet) that’s appealing? 
what’s his grounds??

No. The administrator is in charge, he is appealing the -12

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Wigan appeal should be over quickly.

" Did you call in the administrators?"

"Erm, sort of , a bit".

"Yes or no?"

"Might have."

" Is that a yes."

"Could be."

"One last time, yes or no?"

"Yes."

"The rules say if you call in administrators you get a 12 point deduction, so you are bang to rights."

" Next."lol

It’s the administrator that’s appealing not the ex owner. Given that the takeover happened during lockdown the owner could hardly have claimed force majeure. The consequences of Covid must have figured in the due diligence. I think the club, represented by the administrator, are claiming force majeure because the behaviour of the owner was inexplicable and outside the control of the club. He had passed the owners and directors test and satisfied the EFL that he had sustainable funding for the club going forward, knowing the Covid situation, then suddenly jacked it in.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

It’s the administrator that’s appealing not the ex owner. Given that the takeover happened during lockdown the owner could hardly have claimed force majeure. The consequences of Covid must have figured in the due diligence. I think the club, represented by the administrator, are claiming force majeure because the behaviour of the owner was inexplicable and outside the control of the club. He had passed the owners and directors test and satisfied the EFL that he had sustainable funding for the club going forward, knowing the Covid situation, then suddenly jacked it in.

With the best will in world that doesn't wash. Any club going into administration could argue that their bank inexplicably pulled their loans. It was outside the clubs control.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

With the best will in world that doesn't wash. Any club going into administration could argue that their bank inexplicably pulled their loans. It was outside the clubs control.

No idea if it will wash or not. Our celebrity chef QC seemed to think it was worth appealing

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Maybe someone could tell us what the outcome was to their team after experiencing this on Football Manager and whether they employed the services of Nick De Marco.

Today's cryptic message

Maybe even he thinks its getting pasta joke!

From cherry pies to bitter weeds. Doesn’t auger well