Jump to content

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I hope you are right, but why would an independent panel care what other teams thought?

 

To clarify... the EFL knows the results of the independent panel, but delayed results...

 

Help! this is how rumours start. It's just a hypothesis!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

 

To clarify... the EFL knows the results of the independent panel, but delayed results...

 

Help! this is how rumours start. It's just a hypothesis!

oooh you scamp 

 

lol

But lets be honest, there’s no way our case is still ongoing. Whatever the reason is for the delay in announcing a decision - it’s not that they’re still looking at evidence. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nero said:

They've got a fekkin nerve..

 

Bournemouth fined £7.6m after breaching Financial Fair Play rules

 

By Sky Sports News HQ

  13:59, UK, Tuesday 03 May 2016

Image:Bournemouth posted a £38.3m loss in 2014/15

Bournemouth will have to pay a fine of £7.6m after they broke Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules on their way to securing promotion to the Premier League last season.

Clubs are allowed a 'maximum deviation' of £6m per season without punishment under the FFP agreement but the Cherries posted a £38.3m loss in 2014/15 as they won the Sky Bet Championship.

The was an increase from a loss of £10.3m the previous season, predominantly due to player and staff wages, which rose to £30.4m, a figure more than double the club's turnover of £12.9m.

 

 

 

Plucky  little Bournemouth, doing it on a shoestring.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Don't think Wigan have any chance with their appeal. What happened to them is hideous, but it is pretty black and white what happens when you go into admin.

Sadly tis true,even though the EFL's vetting procedure has put them in this position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t Di Marco representing Derby too? And he’s now on holiday according to Twitter, so that would suggest Derby’s hearing is finished too. Rumour was that they were awaiting Derby’s result to announce them together? So now what’s the hold up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Wasn’t Di Marco representing Derby too? And he’s now on holiday according to Twitter, so that would suggest Derby’s hearing is finished too. Rumour was that they were awaiting Derby’s result to announce them together? So now what’s the hold up?

Purely guesswork but - if it is the same holdup with us and Derby, wouldn’t that point towards the valuation of the grounds involved? I’m led to believe that’s where our 2 charges were similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Wasn’t Di Marco representing Derby too? And he’s now on holiday according to Twitter, so that would suggest Derby’s hearing is finished too. Rumour was that they were awaiting Derby’s result to announce them together? So now what’s the hold up?

 

Yes but presenting our argument and sitting in the deliberation of the panel are 2 different things 

he's done his job and now it's out of his hands 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Purely guesswork but - if it is the same holdup with us and Derby, wouldn’t that point towards the valuation of the grounds involved? I’m led to believe that’s where our 2 charges were similar. 


Mel Morris (the Derby Chairman) is quite a regular guest on Talksport.

A few months ago they specifically asked him about accusations that their ground was sold to himself at an inflated value.

 

His response was calm, confident and considered. He explained that a company buying the ground might seem unethical but it’s currently not against the EFL rules. He suggested that if the EFL feel it’s wrong then they need to change their rules.

 

Regards the valuation he explained that it’s not only a valuation of the bricks and mortar but also a valuation of how it can be used as a business. He explained that the DC stadium is very modern and is able to regularly hold concerts, exhibitions, weddings, banqueting etc etc therefore the potential to derive substantial income logically increases the value of an asset.

 

 

Edited by sheffsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim said:

 

The EFL clearly do as they brought the hearing forward due to pressure from other teams? They probably even brought the original charges due to pressure from other teams?

 

Look at Barnsley for instance, safe as things stand but still getting their knickers in a twist about the way the EFL govern their members?

 

As I’ve said before if we’ve been found guilty of the charges then the EFL wouldn’t have wasted any time in making some sort of announcement at the very least?

Under the regulations the EFL can submit a request for expedition to the chairperson of the Independent Disciplinary Commission or League Arbitration Panel if there are compelling reasons for settling a case quickly. But the decision is theirs, not the EFL’s.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:


Mel Morris (the Derby Chairman) is quite a regular guest on Talksport.

A few months ago they specifically asked him about accusations that their ground was sold to himself at an inflated value.

 

His response was calm, confident and considered. He explained that a company buying the ground might seem unethical but it’s currently not against the EFL rules. He suggested that if the EFL feel it’s wrong then they need to change their rules.

 

Regards the valuation he explained that it’s not only a valuation of the bricks and mortar but also a valuation of how it can be used as a business. He explained that the DC stadium is very modern and is able to regularly hold concerts, exhibitions, weddings, banqueting etc etc therefore the potential to derive substantial income logically increases the value of an asset.

 

 

It is also with the Pride Park business estate one of the most sort after areas in the country, in comparison our stadium Hillsborough is in 1 of the top ten most deprived areas of the country.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:


Mel Morris (the Derby Chairman) is quite a regular guest on Talksport.

A few months ago they specifically asked him about accusations that their ground was sold to himself at an inflated value.

 

His response was calm, confident and considered. He explained that a company buying the ground might seem unethical but it’s currently not against the EFL rules. He suggested that if the EFL feel it’s wrong then they need to change their rules.

 

Regards the valuation he explained that it’s not only a valuation of the bricks and mortar but also a valuation of how it can be used as a business. He explained that the DC stadium is very modern and is able to regularly hold concerts, exhibitions, weddings, banqueting etc etc therefore the potential to derive substantial income logically increases the value of an asset.

 

 

 

Derby have also structured a lease arrangement, which the club now pay an annual rent to Morris' other company - a bit like your own club with McCabe some time ago before he got greedy. DC could have done this, but it does seem pretty pointless unless this is funding your loan on the investment in the first place. DC doesn't appear to have these issue to worry about.

 

Derby's £80m valuation was adjusted by the EFL after Derby submitted their accounts. I'm not sure the £80m reflects the lease and therefore,market value, or the traditional depreciated replacement cost value, which as pride park is relatively new, will be more in value than Hillsborough's £60m, which seems to be about right.

 

In any case, both valuations were done in accordance with accountancy and property regulations, and undertake by regulated and registered consultancy firms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It is also with the Pride Park business estate one of the most sort after areas in the country, in comparison our stadium Hillsborough is in 1 of the top ten most deprived areas of the country.

https://inews.co.uk/news/most-deprived-areas-uk-list-ranking-blackpool-north-jaywick-343952 Not according to this it isn't

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It is also with the Pride Park business estate one of the most sort after areas in the country, in comparison our stadium Hillsborough is in 1 of the top ten most deprived areas of the country.

Isn't a price merely a sum agreed by buyer and seller. Price is not necessarily linked to value. Value is entirely in the eye of the beholder. 

 

For instance. I have absolutely no desire for jewellery whatsoever. I see jewellery as useless inanimate objects that while not detracting from my life certainly don't enhance it. So jewellery to me is of no value whilst others revere the stuff, and will pay silly money.

 

I can't see why the EFL, The Government or anyone else should be bothered about what two parties agree as a price, so long as the necessary taxes are paid in full.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It is also with the Pride Park business estate one of the most sort after areas in the country, in comparison our stadium Hillsborough is in 1 of the top ten most deprived areas of the country.

Absolute rubbish,,,,,i'd be surprised if it was in the top 100

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Isn't a price merely a sum agreed by buyer and seller. Price is not necessarily linked to value. Value is entirely in the eye of the beholder. 

 

For instance. I have absolutely no desire for jewellery whatsoever. I see jewellery as useless inanimate objects that while not detracting from my life certainly don't enhance it. So jewellery to me is of no value whilst others revere the stuff, and will pay silly money.

 

I can't see why the EFL, The Government or anyone else should be bothered about what two parties agree as a price, so long as the necessary taxes are paid in full.

Indeed a price is agreed between two parties but in our case it was agreed between one party and that price just happened to be enough to stop a football club from breaching the losses limits on a 3 year rolling scale. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...