Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

My worry is starting League One on minus points...

 

How would that work? It's only one points deduction, so either we get relegated or start next season on minus points (if we do get a deduction) but we can't be relegated *and* start on minus points in League 1

Edited by Minton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Minton said:

 

How would that work? It's only one points deduction, so either we get relegated or start next season on minus points (if we do get a deduction) but we can't be relegated *and* start on minus points in League 1

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

 

 

Christ.... from frying pan into the fire

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

 

The EFL have already seen our accounts, teams have to show provisional accounts to the EFL end of Feb so that any deductions can be sorted before the season ends (a la Birmingham)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Minton said:

 

The EFL have already seen our accounts, teams have to show provisional accounts to the EFL end of Feb so that any deductions can be sorted before the season ends (a la Birmingham)

But we are being charged for 'offences' relating to the year before, and were charged back in November, so could our latest accounts, if big losses have accrued (which they most certainly will have done) compound our punishment further, for example some punishment can be suspended, and come into play if further breaches are made?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

So you have seen our accounts? Did you play Fraser in dads army, cos its all bloody doom and gloom with you lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

But we are being charged for 'offences' relating to the year before, and were charged back in November, so could our latest accounts, if big losses have accrued (which they most certainly will have done) compound our punishment further, for example some punishment can be suspended, and come into play if further breaches are made?

We don't have anything to worry about with the latest accounts. The stadium sale has put paid to that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

We don't have anything to worry about with the latest accounts. The stadium sale has put paid to that.  

Those were the year before's accounts?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

So you have seen our accounts? Did you play Fraser in dads army, cos its all bloody doom and gloom with you lol

Yep, I'm a Scottish Actor that died 40 years ago.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Those were the year before's accounts?

And FFP works on a rolling 3 years accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

We don't have anything to worry about with the latest accounts. The stadium sale has put paid to that.  

Where do you get that from we can lose £39m over 3 years if the July 2019 figures are worse than £21m loss we will breach the limits.

 

Taking the sale of the stadium out of the July 2018 figures we lost £36m it was a 14 month period but even over a year that £31m about £10m more losses than we can have.

 

There are allowable expenses such as youth development but if the losses for July 2019 accounting figures are north of £20m we are going to be very close to breaching the limits again for last season.

 

If this hearing going on into next week do not be surprised if the accounts are not filed by Friday 

 

We hope for the best but we fear the worse it is the Wednesday way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Christ.... from frying pan into the fire

 

More than likely breached again, so Umbongo time once more. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Where do you get that from we can lose £39m over 3 years if the July 2019 figures are worse than £21m loss we will breach the limits.

 

Taking the sale of the stadium out of the July 2018 figures we lost £36m it was a 14 month period but even over a year that £31m about £10m more losses than we can have.

 

There are allowable expenses such as youth development but if the losses for July 2019 accounting figures are north of £20m we are going to be very close to breaching the limits again for last season.

 

If this hearing going on into next week do not be surprised if the accounts are not filed by Friday 

 

We hope for the best but we fear the worse it is the Wednesday way.

Exactly, Uri Geller and the Bereyt's are out in force again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

Another one with a wish list for Santa...bless

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Another one with a wish list for Santa...bless

Yeah, I wished for a sarky reply, and I got one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Where do you get that from we can lose £39m over 3 years if the July 2019 figures are worse than £21m loss we will breach the limits.

 

Taking the sale of the stadium out of the July 2018 figures we lost £36m it was a 14 month period but even over a year that £31m about £10m more losses than we can have.

 

There are allowable expenses such as youth development but if the losses for July 2019 accounting figures are north of £20m we are going to be very close to breaching the limits again for last season.

 

If this hearing going on into next week do not be surprised if the accounts are not filed by Friday 

 

We hope for the best but we fear the worse it is the Wednesday way.

I’m guessing for the current charge we are defending, if we are found guilty and receive a deduction PLUS a suspended deduction, the suspended part would come into play if we broke PnS rules again?

 

So in theory, if we are found guilty and let’s say get a -9 deduction (whether this season or next), then find we’ve broken PnS AGAIN when the 2018/19 accounts are published (which is imminent), we could have a further deduction. That’d be either -9 now (and relegation) and a further deduction in L1 - OR -9 next season in Championship then a further deduction next season also, which would mean we’d be favourites to go down. 
 

Yeh I know I’m being pessimistic but hey, I’ve supported this lot for over 40 years 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Essix Blue said:

I’m guessing for the current charge we are defending, if we are found guilty and receive a deduction PLUS a suspended deduction, the suspended part would come into play if we broke PnS rules again?

 

So in theory, if we are found guilty and let’s say get a -9 deduction (whether this season or next), then find we’ve broken PnS AGAIN when the 2018/19 accounts are published (which is imminent), we could have a further deduction. That’d be either -9 now (and relegation) and a further deduction in L1 - OR -9 next season in Championship then a further deduction next season also, which would mean we’d be favourites to go down. 
 

Yeh I know I’m being pessimistic but hey, I’ve supported this lot for over 40 years 

Which is exactly what I am saying...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t the EFL get eyes on the accounts prior to them actually been filed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t the EFL get eyes on the accounts prior to them actually been filed 

Supposedly.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...