On 22/07/2020 at 14:12, Essix Blue said:

I guess all clubs agree to follow the EFL rules / code. It probably says in there that the decision of the appeal panel is final, thus negating any chance of further law suits 

i'll guess differently. law or the land is over mickey mouse, who so ever club your in.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

i imagine, and i'm only guessing here, but the law of land stands the highest in the land.

WRITTEN PERMISSION from an authorised league official, is PERMISSION.

So, what do you think the likely outcome will be?  Guilty or Not Guilty 

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i imagine, and i'm only guessing here, but the law of land stands the highest in the land.

WRITTEN PERMISSION from an authorised league official, is PERMISSION.

Yes but we are dealing with the EFL here. Remember FF. Don’t care if you’ve been cleared in a court of law we think your guilty 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

Sophie Ridge on Sunday,, wearing a nice blue dress today..... 

*sits wringing hands in anticipation*

Only your hands? 

Just now, Plonk said:

Yes but we are dealing with the EFL here. Remember FF. Don’t care if you’ve been cleared in a court of law we think your guilty 

that was the kangaroo court sitting AFTER the law had spoken, this is the law judging the kangaroo court if it goes ahead, i imagine there's one or two rubbing their hands at getting in on this one.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So, what do you think the likely outcome will be?  Guilty or Not Guilty 

i haven't a clue, just as anyone who can see what's took so long can see. 

i'm going for the 'i don't know' answer as i'm hoping to get a place on the next panel to sit.

seriously, guilty, mitigating circumstances, ten bob fine, half a dozen points off this last season, and a warning of future conduct to ALL clubs in the division.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, modboy said:

Heard rumours "Sheffield 69" now own La chambre. Next season's sponsor? 

That will take some licking, best sponsor we've ever had if true 😁

15 minutes ago, Plonk said:

That had nothing to do with the EFL, though; it was an FA charge.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Its the same in any civil case. Criminal courts have a different burden of proof. It isn't a conspiracy against us.

Plus, once again, any sanctions will not be down to the EFL.

Edited by Modfather100
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Sophie Ridge on Sunday,, wearing a nice blue dress today..... 

*sits wringing hands in anticipation*

Can I get this on catch up? Bada bing.

Guest Ferkorf

573 pages on, where are all the ITK members that were giving it the big one about me being wrong when I told you the case hadn't finished yet.

23 minutes ago, pahowl said:

This is a great read which considers the legal arguments behind ours and dcfc case :- 

it is complex to read but better than anything offered by so called football experts 

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/the-owls-and-the-rams 

Reading that actually gives me more hope that we will 'get off'.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

The struggle to understand two different standards of proof is real here.

Criminal Court - Beyond reasonable doubt

EFL - Balance of probabilities

36 minutes ago, pahowl said:

This is a great read which considers the legal arguments behind ours and dcfc case :- 

it is complex to read but better than anything offered by so called football experts 

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/the-owls-and-the-rams 

It is interesting stuff the legal bits. The point being if we have successfully argued this then phase 2 the date of the transaction and phase 3 the valuation presumably would not come into play IF that was documented in the original correspondence

But its no surprise to me if the argument is one about legal principles that this is taking so long. 

If you have ever sat in the middle of an argument between lawyers it is a sight to behold - unless you are paying for one of em.

2 minutes ago, timrud said:

The struggle to understand two different standards of proof is real here.

Criminal Court - Beyond reasonable doubt

EFL - Balance of probabilities

Really don't think this comes down to balance of probabilities - certainly if it gets to the Phase 2 stage  date of transaction it either is or it isn't because it is based on accounting convention and whether the evidence supports our view.

13 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Really don't think this comes down to balance of probabilities - certainly if it gets to the Phase 2 stage  date of transaction it either is or it isn't because it is based on accounting convention and whether the evidence supports our view.

On Radio Sheff yesterday Tom Horton was saying the strength of the estoppel defence would likely come down to the evidence of the EFLs agreement to the ground sale AND the assignment of the transaction to the 2017-18 accounts

58 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

573 pages on, where are all the ITK members that were giving it the big one about me being wrong when I told you the case hadn't finished yet.

Ah, come on - name names.

Let's get this bunfight started!

:duntmatter:

29 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

On Radio Sheff yesterday Tom Horton was saying the strength of the estoppel defence would likely come down to the evidence of the EFLs agreement to the ground sale AND the assignment of the transaction to the 2017-18 accounts

Yes that's what I thought he said. What do you think of 2017 - 2018 accounts transaction part mk?