THE EFL HEARING THREAD

19 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The EFL agm is in the 2nd week of August after the play off final...I think any decision after that means that any deduction can't be  implemented until next season

If its got be sorted before then we wont get a deduction this season

if the verdict is announced tomorrow, we have two weeks to appeal, so the 7th August, at least a month for the appeal, so any final decision will be past the deadline date

9 minutes ago, the third man said:

If its got be sorted before then we wont get a deduction this season

if the verdict is announced tomorrow, we have two weeks to appeal, so the 7th August, at least a month for the appeal, so any final decision will be past the deadline date

I know that's probably why some people have been saying we are ok this season 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Not really mate.

I just thought it was amusing you pointing out a huge difference between Kev & DC regarding info about the case.

I’d say you were spot on. 

I still haven't got my head around what the charges actually amount to let alone the evidence submitted in defence.

If Wigan get off with the 12pts the floodgates will be open for clubs to go into Admin, they’ve had a rough time and I do genuinely feel for the fans but there absolutely has to be harsh punishments for Admin otherwise the game will collapse 

they can’t and won’t allow it 

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

If Wigan get off with the 12pts the floodgates will be open for clubs to go into Admin, they’ve had a rough time and I do genuinely feel for the fans but there absolutely has to be harsh punishments for Admin otherwise the game will collapse 

they can’t and won’t allow it 

Are they pushing for extenuating circumstances?

7 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Are they pushing for extenuating circumstances?

Force Majeure I believe is what there case centres on,  basically unforeseen circumstances in that they weren’t to know the bloke they sold to had no money or something though someone more switched on than me might want to correct that ,  again like I said I feel genuinely sorry for there fans and there’s obviously some dodgy stuff gone on but to protect the league I think the EFL and the IDP have no choice but to put the -12 deduction on them 

Floodgates will be open if the points get rescinded ,   My concern is why Wigan’s administrators are confident enough to pay out what’s gonna be big money for the appeal 

51 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

BBC news said Wigan would know the outcome by next Friday 31st

Most reports I’ve seen say the appeal hearing is set for 31 July. But according to the administrator it’s likely to cost £4-500k so it must be scheduled to last a while. Makes you wonder how they can justify spending that much money that could be used to pay creditors unless they feel they have a strong case

7 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Most reports I’ve seen say the appeal hearing is set for 31 July. But according to the administrator it’s likely to cost £4-500k so it must be scheduled to last a while. Makes you wonder how they can justify spending that much money that could be used to pay creditors unless they feel they have a strong case

I wonder if they get a preferred bidder shortly and they drop that appeal due to the cost,  big money 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I wonder if they get a preferred bidder shortly and they drop that appeal due to the cost,  big money 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they drop the appeal. Apparently if they’re unable pay at least 25p in the £ they could be docked a further 15 points. The appeal seems a big risk given that most people seem to think it’s a lost cause. Mind you our man Nick De Marco seemed to think they’d have a case

Guest hirstysfags
4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Isn't the Wigan Warriors owner interested in taking them in under their sporting banner ?

To keep the rain off them?

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

To be fair, I suspect there is a huge difference between yourself and DC.

DC will know exactly what the charges amount to and the evidence that has been submitted in defence whereas you and the rest of us can only guess.

When  you’re wrong you put your hands up and take it on the chin, when the allegations against you are false, you’ll fight tooth and nail to clear your name !!      UTO 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1