Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

But surely he and his advisors did due dilligence and were aware of the FFP/P&S rules before buying the club

 

But surely the FFP/P&S rules could be construed as an unfair restraint of trade, irrespective of any due diligence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Am I right in thinking that Chansiri now has a 60 Million pound debt for the ground to pay off?

Yes but over time and he will effectively be paying himself, he may  have borrowed money for the purchase but that's his debt not the clubs. 

I think that's about right 

Edited by akbuk
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarrowbyOwl said:

But surely he and his advisors did due diligence and were aware of the FFP/P&S rules before buying the club

Or did the advisors tell him to go big or go home? It nearly worked if they did. What gets me in all this nobody seems to be blaming Carlos. He got us to Wembley then for whatever reason changed things and we underperformed so badly and even more so next season against Huddersfield. Two of the biggest games in recent history and we didn't turn up for either of them. Arguably it was he who spent the money on players we didn't need that got us into this situation. Didn't we have something like 30 senior players on our books at one time with IIRC 7 strikers? Yet some would have him back

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

No courts involved. We brought a 'Board Dispute' case against the EFL before a League Arbitration Panel, disputing their right to refer us to a Disciplinary Commission on misconduct charges, including personal charges againt DC, KM and JR. The oucome of the arbitration case was never announced/published. All we heard was that the personal misconduct charges had been dropped. Next we knew was that the Disciplinary Commission case was proceeding. I really don't understand why there can't be more transparency from the club and the EFL about was is going on.

Non disclosure agreement?

Edited by darra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

But surely he and his advisors did due dilligence and were aware of the FFP/P&S rules before buying the club

 

I rather think that those 'advisors" told him that the ffp system was full of holes and easy to circumvent. Then the loopholes he expected to exploit namely inputting capital from shell companies were closed. I would also hazard a guess that those "advisors" were in the business of trading players and therefore had an incentive to provide erroneous advice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChinaOwl said:

 

I rather think that those 'advisors" told him that the ffp system was full of holes and easy to circumvent. Then the loopholes he expected to exploit namely inputting capital from shell companies were closed. I would also hazard a guess that those "advisors" were in the business of trading players and therefore had an incentive to provide erroneous advice.

Sounds about right to me. Doyen for instance.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

He's a pig who pretended to be a Wednesday Fan when we were doing better than them during their 7 seasons in the 'pub league' as their legend called it. For some reason he's reared his head again. Weird if you ask me. 

I think he thought we'd forgot 😄

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darra said:

Sounds about right to me. Doyen for instance.

 

I try not to quote names but I don't think you are necessarily wrong, though they may have morphed into different entities whilst still remaining part of the beast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChinaOwl said:

 

I try not to quote names but I don't think you are necessarily wrong, though they may have morphed into different entities whilst still remaining part of the beast.

Not sure they told him that he could circumvent FFP but more like sold him the dream that to win the league you spend big or go home. It would make sense to someone who knew little about football and running a club that if you buy players with a good track record of scoring goals etc the riches would follow. Unfortunately for some of those players, they were past glories 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Am I right in thinking that Chansiri now has a 60 Million pound debt for the ground to pay off?

 

14 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Yes but over time and he will effectively be paying himself, he may  have borrowed money for the purchase but that's his debt not the clubs. 

I think that's about right 

 

Essentially it's his debt, which is on separate company balance sheets. The issue crystalises when he comes to sell, if he wants to claw back his overall investment.

 

He may, at this point, choose to lease the ground to the new owner and reclaim this element over 20 years or so @ £3m/annum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darra said:

Not sure they told him that he could circumvent FFP but more like sold him the dream that to win the league you spend big or go home. 

 

So what is the difference? Surely spending big in anybone's mind would translate to high transfer fees and wages. That in itself should be an obvious indicator that it cannot be done within a £13 million average loss per year financial forecast. I would hazard a guess that DC was told that there were no implications exceeding the limits hence the "We've got friends" statement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

He's a pig who pretended to be a Wednesday Fan when we were doing better than them during their 7 seasons in the 'pub league' as their legend called it. For some reason he's reared his head again. Weird if you ask me. 


I’ve never pretended to be a Wednesday fan.

Think it’s because I’m respectful and don’t hate Wednesday due to family ties and being too long in the tooth for hatred.
I’m always interested in football in Sheffield. The success or non success does have a knock on effect regards United.

Agree that SWFC haven’t done anything illegal, it’s all within the accounting rules....but the EFL are investigating their own rules.

I think giving SW a points deduction this season resulting in relegation would be so controversial and unprecedented that it’s highly unlikely. The longer the delay the more unlikely there will be a punishment effecting this season.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:


I’ve never pretended to be a Wednesday fan.

Think it’s because I’m respectful and don’t hate Wednesday due to family ties and being too long in the tooth for hatred.
I’m always interested in football in Sheffield. The success or non success does have a knock on effect regards United.

Agree that SWFC haven’t done anything illegal, it’s all within the accounting rules....but the EFL are investigating their own rules.

I think giving SW a points deduction this season resulting in relegation would be so controversial and unprecedented that it’s highly unlikely.

 

Indeed - you take a considered position now, but earlier you post uncohoborated and wrong statements. What possible motivation would you have?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Animis said:

 

Indeed - you take a considered position now, but earlier you post uncohoborated and wrong statements. What possible motivation would you have?

 

If that isn't a word, it bloody well ought to be.

 

That would really have the EFL scrambling.

Edited by dumboldowl
spelling correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

I rather think that those 'advisors" told him that the ffp system was full of holes and easy to circumvent. Then the loopholes he expected to exploit namely inputting capital from shell companies were closed. I would also hazard a guess that those "advisors" were in the business of trading players and therefore had an incentive to provide erroneous advice.

A fool and his money are easily parted, as they say

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like being a dog in a vet's waiting room waiting to be put down.

 

Which reminds me, there were three dogs in a vet's waiting room and they get talking to each other in doggy language. One asks the other what it's in for. "To be put down" he said sadly. "I bit the owner's son but only because he kept annoying me".

 

"Me too" said another. "I'm being put down too. I keep crapping behind the couch, but only because they don't take me for walkies enough".

 

Third dog says "I've been bad too. My mistress does the cleaning in the nude and she was cleaning under the bed. Instinct cut in and I ended up mounting her and giving her one"

 

"That's a shame mate, so you're being put down too?"

 

"No mate" he says "she just sent me here to get my nails clipped".

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...