Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Royal_D said:

Hope your all right and there’s a way we can take a deduction next season

 

Still can’t see it though 

Me neither. 
 

But - wtf do we know? 
 

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

The only team that could argue about us getting a deduction next season is whoever finishes 3rd bottom

And the way these EFL courts take to make decisions there would be no chance of sorting out another legal wrangle before next season kicks off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all contrived to make the last day of the season more interesting. Depending on results and allowing for possible point deductions any one of the current bottom 7 clubs plus us and Wigan could go down, and any of the current bottom three could stay up. So 9 clubs in the mix, there's never been a final day like it before.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Kangaroo court really isnt it?

 

Behind closed doors. No visibility of evidence. What year do they think it is? 1889?

Star Chamber in about 1589.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Me neither. 
 

But - wtf do we know? 
 

lol

I know Feck all. Just guessing on path of least resistance.

 

Only winners in all this are the likes of Nick de Marcos, and they will all prefer this case to be deffered indefinitely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Kangaroo court really isnt it?

 

Behind closed doors. No visibility of evidence. What year do they think it is? 1889?

Well let me tell you this EFL and Independent Tribunal..........

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there a ‘need’ for this to be dealt with this season?

Any ‘offence’ hasn’t occurred in this season so the likes of Barnsley haven’t been impacted by this during this season 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Not one of the clueless clowns you've mentioned has a hand in the outcome of our hearing or any punishment dished out if the case is proven against us. The outcome & punishment is the responsibility of the Independent Disciplinary Panel.

I know that. It’s the fact that it has got down to the last game of the season before any outcome has been decided where in our case they have known about this all year. It’s not a way for any of the teams near the bottom to plan for next season

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Barnsley will , and have already told

them there intentions if it’s not dealt with this season 

If Barnsley lose their last game they go down regardless of the situation with us and Wigan, it would be a completely pointless exercise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

If Barnsley lose their last game they go down regardless of the situation with us and Wigan, it would be a completely pointless exercise.

It’d be interesting if Wigan finished 3rd bottom and our deduction was next season. They don’t even have an owner atm, would the administrator take legal action?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baggys battle bus said:

I know that. It’s the fact that it has got down to the last game of the season before any outcome has been decided where in our case they have known about this all year. It’s not a way for any of the teams near the bottom to plan for next season

 

Agreed, even with the coronavirus pandemic issues this should have been resolved months ago. Unfortunately we don't know how much of the delay is actually down to the club & not the EFL.  Certainly taking the case to arbitration will have delayed matters, although this resulted in the charges being dropped against DC & the other 2 employees so we could say that the EFL has caused the delay by making unwarrented charges.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That we sit in the last week of a delayed season with two relegation slots-Wigan and us, not to mention Barnsley Charlton and Luton-up in the air over secret deliberations about financial conduct—is disgraceful on the EFL and their system of injustice. Regardless of how it plays out. It really is a direct expression of contempt for all football supporters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people getting concerned about Barnsley or Wigan etc taking legal action. If they do, it will be against EFL, nothing to do with us. 

 

Interesting though that Wigan have appealed and the commission that hears appeals, has in recent cases been reasonsbly lenient, certainly more so than EFL would like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

He is a  Businessman 

Try searching on Google for his business interests, because other than Wednesday and our phantom sponsors I can find zip, zilch, zero, niente, nada, nic, nowt, the square root of sweet FA!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hamakua Pueo said:

That we sit in the last week of a delayed season with two relegation slots-Wigan and us, not to mention Barnsley Charlton and Luton-up in the air over secret deliberations about financial conduct—is disgraceful on the EFL and their system of injustice. Regardless of how it plays out. It really is a direct expression of contempt for all football supporters.

That’s why ...if we are found guilty...it will be automatic relegation and Oxford (runners up league one play offs ) in our place.....no championship club can moan / sue the EFL then

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

That we sit in the last week of a delayed season with two relegation slots-Wigan and us, not to mention Barnsley Charlton and Luton-up in the air over secret deliberations about financial conduct—is disgraceful on the EFL and their system of injustice. Regardless of how it plays out. It really is a direct expression of contempt for all football supporters.

Are you saying that our financial conduct is all above board then?

 

I guarantee that if any other club were involved apart from us we would be baying for their blood.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Essentially, two of the relegation slots in League One were determined administratively, setting aside the way that Tranmere was cut off. Bury took one slot. While 12 points would not have saved Bolton, their 12 point deduction together with severe transfer restrictions probably did. A lesson for us, if we start on -12 next season with our hands tied behind our backs in the transfer market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

That’s why ...if we are found guilty...it will be automatic relegation and Oxford (runners up league one play offs ) in our place.....no championship club can moan / sue the EFL then

That would be creative madness on the EFL then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Try searching on Google for his business interests, because other than Wednesday and our phantom sponsors I can find zip, zilch, zero, niente, nada, nic, nowt, the square root of sweet FA!

 

Search under his real name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...