Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

They won’t relegate us, it’ll cause them even more problems

 

There is some merit in that statement.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

But true

 

History hasn't really been kind to all those sheep who slated the Black Balloon thing has it?

Supporting that chairman at that time now looks to have been foolish to say the least

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, striker said:

For those proposing a points deduction, what rule have we broken?

 

We've not been charged with breaching p&s, because we haven't (yet), therefore difficult to apply the penalty tariff widely referenced.

 

The misconduct charge covers issues not in the explicit rules and in our case relates to the timing and payment terms of the stadium transaction. 

 

EFL may not like it, and I agree its morally suspect  but, not an uncommon method of accounting for such transactions and perfectly lawful. The club had permission from EFL and the accounts signed off by auditors and the EFL (initially, when removing the enbargo).

 

If the EFL tried to bring this case in court, in the real world, it would get thrown out.

 

Misconduct covers a variety of sins, therefore the punishment similarly wide reaching. As the charges against individuals dropped, unlikely to prove any deliberate attempt to mislead.

 

The EFL have an awful lot to prove, in order to make any charge stick, against a club owner who won't roll over and be bullied. 

 


very good post. All makes sense but why is it taking so bloody long? EFL trying to save face? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


very good post. All makes sense but why is it taking so bloody long? EFL trying to save face? 

Goooo on Waltham Lad, positivity 2 days running. 😙

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where’s the prediction thread gone. Did it all go badly?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


very good post. All makes sense but why is it taking so bloody long? EFL trying to save face? 

Who knows!

 

IMO the EFL are grossly incompetent, so nothing surprises me when they are involved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, striker said:

For those proposing a points deduction, what rule have we broken?

 

We've not been charged with breaching p&s, because we haven't (yet), therefore difficult to apply the penalty tariff widely referenced.

 

The misconduct charge covers issues not in the explicit rules and in our case relates to the timing and payment terms of the stadium transaction. 

 

EFL may not like it, and I agree its morally suspect  but, not an uncommon method of accounting for such transactions and perfectly lawful. The club had permission from EFL and the accounts signed off by auditors and the EFL (initially, when removing the enbargo).

 

If the EFL tried to bring this case in court, in the real world, it would get thrown out.

 

Misconduct covers a variety of sins, therefore the punishment similarly wide reaching. As the charges against individuals dropped, unlikely to prove any deliberate attempt to mislead.

 

The EFL have an awful lot to prove, in order to make any charge stick, against a club owner who won't roll over and be bullied. 

 

Fingers crossed your right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and so it goes on, and on, and on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The Athletic saying there are concerns it won’t be sorted before next season is due to start.

It will go to appeal no matter what and itll drag over until next season I reckon anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only think we're guilty of breaking the rules, but we have this smoking gun which is written permission from an EFL employee or representative to do what we did. The argument thus being, we only broke the rules because you said we could, so can you punish us proportionally for that? All conjecture of course but this must be what isn't easy to give a verdict and appropriate punishment on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

History hasn't really been kind to all those sheep who slated the Black Balloon thing has it?

Supporting that chairman at that time now looks to have been foolish to say the least

Done a great job at Chezzy

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grandad said:

Done a great job at Chezzy

And makes DC look like Santa Claus...small memories some people

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grandad said:

Done a great job at Chezzy

Keep it civil 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bladeshater said:

Keep it civil 

Parasites all fuckem'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

They won’t relegate us, it’ll cause them even more problems

In what respect ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, striker said:

For those proposing a points deduction, what rule have we broken?

 

We've not been charged with breaching p&s, because we haven't (yet), therefore difficult to apply the penalty tariff widely referenced.

 

The misconduct charge covers issues not in the explicit rules and in our case relates to the timing and payment terms of the stadium transaction. 

 

EFL may not like it, and I agree its morally suspect  but, not an uncommon method of accounting for such transactions and perfectly lawful. The club had permission from EFL and the accounts signed off by auditors and the EFL (initially, when removing the enbargo).

 

If the EFL tried to bring this case in court, in the real world, it would get thrown out.

 

Misconduct covers a variety of sins, therefore the punishment similarly wide reaching. As the charges against individuals dropped, unlikely to prove any deliberate attempt to mislead.

 

The EFL have an awful lot to prove, in order to make any charge stick, against a club owner who won't roll over and be bullied. 

 

 

This is how I see it - I just can't see how they say, 'that's the rule you broke 100% and there's the respective punishment.'

 

It's all too vague and IMO the charges have been engineered to stop other clubs going down this route.

 

I suspect we'll be the last one to do it, and the door will then be (belatedly) shut by the EFL. They should have structured the rules properly in the first place and people like DC and others wouldn't have had the opportunity to do what they've done.

 

They didn't and that's simply down to their incompetency.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, striker said:

Who knows!

 

IMO the EFL are grossly incompetent, so nothing surprises me when they are involved.

IMO Chansiri is incompetent and nothing surprises me when he’s involved 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

I can only think we're guilty of breaking the rules, but we have this smoking gun which is written permission from an EFL employee or representative to do what we did. The argument thus being, we only broke the rules because you said we could, so can you punish us proportionally for that? All conjecture of course but this must be what isn't easy to give a verdict and appropriate punishment on. 


That sounds the most plausible scenario, this “further evidence” that came to light is more than likely Gibson badgering the EFL to crucify us, Parry thought he’d got a tasty little sitting duck in DC and decided to flex the EFL’s collective muscles, DC got fully lawyered up and fought back....and here we are at the independent panel hearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything? No? Cool. Carry on. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...