THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

There’s just something about Monk. Can’t put my finger on it. Just can’t warm to the chap. Dave Jones and Irvine were the same. 

Agreed.  I can't watch his interviews.  I genuinely wish it wasn't the case.  I support him in the job nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I agree, if I gave him a tenner to fetch some fish n chips he’d come back with a half eaten bag o scraps and claim he got mugged.

Thing is if the fans can’t take to him can you the blame the players. Particularly the ones who worked under Carlos and allegedly loved him. 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well there’s 420 pages so far bet we hit a 1000 after the verdict , wonder which topic has the record ? 

The striker from rotherham we tried to sign and I can’t remember his bloody name

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, vulva said:

There’s just something about Monk. Can’t put my finger on it. Just can’t warm to the chap. Dave Jones and Irvine were the same. 

The Wife's Grandad always used to say, "never trust a bloke whose eyes are too close together" he was usually reyt.

lol

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

Nick De Marco's new watch today - is set at ten past eight.... 

First of all, the watch has a tachymeter - a device for measuring speed and distance.  Whatever is about to happen is about to happen quickly.

Most importantly, it's a quartz watch.  Quartz is used because of frequency, and the ability to transfer that frequency down to one second to keep excellent time.  The frequency is a high number but for mathematicians, it's simply 2 to the power of 15.  

Summary: 15 points deduction, today.

We've lost

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

First of all, the watch has a tachymeter - a device for measuring speed and distance.  Whatever is about to happen is about to happen quickly.

Most importantly, it's a quartz watch.  Quartz is used because of frequency, and the ability to transfer that frequency down to one second to keep excellent time.  The frequency is a high number but for mathematicians, it's simply 2 to the power of 15.  

Summary: 15 points deduction, today.

We've lost

Well, who can argue with that rationalelol

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So now he IS responsible for handing out contracts even though his apologists have spent the last year saying he isn’t. So whose decision was it to resign pelepussy. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The monk problem is two fold? First he had to try change the dressing room culture at this club? The same set of players been here for 3/4 seasons and have failed to deliver? The squad needs an overall it all became too stale? But so far he has been given the money or back room staff to do his job how he wanted to do it? Can he do it? Who knows? But wot I will say I’ve always been told to use the best tools available for the job and to me he should have waited till season finished to tell said players their time is up? After all they would not told monk they got other deals lined up would they? But my biggest worry is that monk or any other manager that comes here at min won’t be able to get his own players cus someone else the signings 

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So now he IS responsible for handing out contracts even though his apologists have spent the last year saying he isn’t. So whose decision was it to resign pelepussy. 

Love how that's the ONLY thing you took from that interview

Almost like you have some kind of anti-monk agenda going on

lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The monk problem is two fold? First he had to try change the dressing room culture at this club? The same set of players been here for 3/4 seasons and have failed to deliver? The squad needs an overall it all became too stale? But so far he has been given the money or back room staff to do his job how he wanted to do it? Can he do it? Who knows? But wot I will say I’ve always been told to use the best tools available for the job and to me he should have waited till season finished to tell said players their time is up? After all they would not told monk they got other deals lined up would they? But my biggest worry is that monk or any other manager that comes here at min won’t be able to get his own players cus someone else the signings 

When a player gets into the last year if his contract and club have made no contact with him about a fresh one everyone knows what's going to happen so monk came in this really in a difficult time