9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me when we have a good manager or good people in the recruitment is better, if we leave it to DC and a bad manager we are basically throughing mud at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Errrrr the scouts are the same now as they were when Steve Bruce was here

Have another go but next time try talking facts

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I just find it hard to believe that Bruce scouts brought us Windass and Wickham in?

Bruce scouts signed Moses Odubajo so I don’t know why you would be surprised at CW and JW 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Ok you are talking b****x

What a fantastically mature and insightful response 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Enough cheerleaders !!? Come on don’t talk absolute shi5te eh ?    What is it with this forum if you post something that isn’t immediately negative towards the owner your straight away his step son or frigging PA ? 

The chairman has taken full responsibility in regards FFP 

Calm thi'sen darn FFS.

Did I say that you were one of them? No.  But they are on here, and if you haven't spotted them yet then you might need to pay more attention to what folk are posting.

And your reaction towards me, betrays the same kind of hysteria that you are accusing me of in the first place.

I never questioned whether he had taken responsibility, I said that whether he has or not, some will automatically point the finger elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

What a fantastically mature and insightful response 

Stop telling porkys then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

In the Championship generally it’s average players being paid too much money and that is the problem.

In our case, the problem as I see it is we have paid excessively for the wrong or inappropriate type of  player and not to any defined plan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Stop telling porkys then

Which bit? If you think something I posted was incorrect be mature about it and say why it was wrong and which bit etc

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Bruce brought in his own scouts.

I believe they’re still here?

Dibs Dib Dib, I promise to do my best :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Recruitment first season under Carlos was by transfer committee and by and large mostly good signings? Then one by one they all left over a few months to be left with one person in charge who goes hand in hand with doyen apparently? Since this happened loads of players have arrived that haven’t played much? Done where you couldn’t even see where they would fit in the team? Abdi urby Jones mcmanaman Boyd bates etc even a cup from that first season ? Lachman mcgeady wiggins the list goes on? So to sum it up we spent loads on players that hardly played massive wages with some of them? So until dc changes who dec on transfers can’t see how any manager gona be successful really? There were rumers that Bruce had become annoyed that his targets wasn’t getting chased before he jumped ship???

• Like 1

Nixon stirring the pot , couple of tweets about looking to sign a few and told someone we’ve loads of money 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Enough cheerleaders !!? Come on don’t talk absolute shi5te eh ?    What is it with this forum if you post something that isn’t immediately negative towards the owner your straight away his step son or frigging PA ? 

The chairman has taken full responsibility in regards FFP 

It’s the default on this site and amongst a sizeable chunk on Wednesday related social media platforms, to hate....erm...no I can’t say that around here.......erm....be constantly negative about the chairman, regardless of what happens!

Edited by The_Limit_Owl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

Can`t ever remember that.

I vaguely remember him saying this at a fans forum when he was on one of his long rants. 

(The selling Hunt so Palmer could play comment)

Edited by sheffwed1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

In our case, the problem as I see it is we have paid excessively for the wrong or inappropriate type of  player and not to any defined plan. 

Well the defined plan was to get promoted but the manager(s) haven't managed to get the players we have to deliver that plan

4 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Recruitment first season under Carlos was by transfer committee and by and large mostly good signings? Then one by one they all left over a few months to be left with one person in charge who goes hand in hand with doyen apparently? Since this happened loads of players have arrived that haven’t played much? Done where you couldn’t even see where they would fit in the team? Abdi urby Jones mcmanaman Boyd bates etc even a cup from that first season ? Lachman mcgeady wiggins the list goes on? So to sum it up we spent loads on players that hardly played massive wages with some of them? So until dc changes who dec on transfers can’t see how any manager gona be successful really? There were rumers that Bruce had become annoyed that his targets wasn’t getting chased before he jumped ship???

That's an awful lot of questions!

• Like 1

I’ll give you one perfect example of our transfer policy versus our manager’s player management philosophy.

Everyone was screaming for a centre-half, a leader when Loovens’ legs were going.

We signed Venancio, never saw him until CC left and Jos came in.  Perfect replacement, loved it here then we weren’t in a position to make his loan a permanent signing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Well the defined plan was to get promoted but the manager(s) haven't managed to get the players we have to deliver that plan

Getting promoted is not a plan, it's a desired outcome or target. A plan is a series of actions and resources needed to achieve the desired outcome. From a business perspective, I have seen little or no evidence that this has been been carried out in a correct or efficient manner. The evidence that it hasn't is the continuous failure to meet financial constraints, firefighting and "fag packet" solutions to cash flow issues.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nixon stirring the pot , couple of tweets about looking to sign a few and told someone we’ve loads of money 

He just guesses. He gets things right but when fans ask him questions he usually makes an educated guess and people take it as if he knows more than he lets on. 

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ll give you one perfect example of our transfer policy versus our manager’s player management philosophy.

Everyone was screaming for a centre-half, a leader when Loovens’ legs were going.

We signed Venancio, never saw him until CC left and Jos came in.  Perfect replacement, loved it here then we weren’t in a position to make his loan a permanent signing.

What was the player management philosophy? 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

There is 

CJC_2379-X2-clowns-b-1.jpg.9bc6a2edc2bccb379e4eb9d6f40c9cd7.jpg

Is this our wanted list for next season?

• Haha 3