Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

 

Agreed mate

 

What a ride it was

We`re on about the club, not H2Owl`s Mrs :wub:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

"He saved our club"

lol

 

Outstanding trolling effort that

 

Some will fall for it too

 

I was genuinely racing through the thread to type WHAT THE ACTUAL F*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

So glad I read the rest and realised

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Not sure where you have got that from. Huddersfield had the same budget as Rotherham that season

 

They didn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Already a hero in my eyes. 

 

He saved our club and gave us not one, but TWO years that were considered fairly decent.

 

We should appreciate that with everything we've got.

 

If the club goes out of business now at least we had that very brief period where we weren't considered dog turd.

 

398199803_KnowingLook.gif.ff74afb25bc43de920ddccac79a7773e.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

Have a look at the clubs promoted over recent years.  Do it.  Almost all were in the top 6 biggest spenders.  Huddersfield spent more than us the year they went up.

Sorry to go again but when people are posting utter nonsense like that I had to go further and get the numbers. Huddersfield’s net spend on transfers was £2.7 million. Ours was £9.81 million. Our wages were also an absurdly higher amount than Huddersfield 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

 

Already a hero in my eyes. 

 

He saved our club and gave us not one, but TWO years that were considered fairly decent.

 

We should appreciate that with everything we've got.

 

If the club goes out of business now at least we had that very brief period where we weren't considered dog turd.

 

If we go out of business it will be because of that VERY BRIEF period, and how he allowed us to become a pension fund to agents, crocks and largely over rated players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

They didn’t.

Wasn`t it something like 15m? cannay remember 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

Have a look at the clubs promoted over recent years.  Do it.  Almost all were in the top 6 biggest spenders.  Huddersfield spent more than us the year they went up.

The massive difference with most of the teams that get promoted to ourselves is they use the loan market well. We sign players then never play them, or bring in unfit players or worse ones that are not simple good enough.

 

Huddersfield brought in Danny Ward (played 40+ games 11 clean sheets), Aaron Mooys (40+ games 5 goals 7 assists) and Elis Kachunga (12 goals, 4 assists) which was the backbone of their team, 

Brighton bought in Glenn Murray who scored them 23 goals

We brought in Will Buckley (11 games but only 2 starts) , McManaman (just 10 games but again only 2 starts) and Jordan Rhodes (17 games but only 3 goals)

 

We have since Stuart gray left been useless at getting in good loans that improve us Murphy has probably been the best and hector at time last season but the rest have been woeful.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

The FACTS are that nobody knows anything about the hearing, the result of it, or the outcome that's going to be announced

Once you keep that in the front of your mind you can read this thread and just laugh at people putting out rumours or trying to tell us  what's going to happen or what they've heard

 

Is it possible for Owlstalk to give us a rundown of the best theories so far and let us all vote for our favourite while saying why we love our special one ?

 

My favourite theory so far is the Jeff Stelling (or was it Doyen?) one whereby we get a point deduction after the season is over due to a conspiracy brought about by the EFL's bad advice cocking things up for us. 

 

As we all really know nothing about the hearing, or what might happen next for me this theory seems to be the ideal scenario for (almost) everybody really. It answers everybody's prayers, except for the one club that could possibly have stayed up if we had got one more point deducted of course but let's face it, the poorest performing teams going down has been the fair and acknowledged way to relegate teams up to now hasn't it? We have been poor, and have had a squad of mediocre and substandard players mixed in with inexperienced and over experienced, unmotivated, overpaid players, some of whom have had contracts that ran out recently and couldn't be bothered to play out a few games for the obscene wages that they have been paid, leaving us totally decimated, yet we have still outperformed the really poor teams that are still below us and played some entertaining football for the most part, with the players showing a marked improvement on the games played before lock-down.

 

I do have a few problems with this lovely theory Like, if the EFL wanted us to get as many points as possible, why have they made it more difficult for us by giving us a day less than our opposition to recover for a third of the games that were left to be played, when they had so much time to come up with a fixture list and game dates that would favour us slightly and why are their referees still gifting the opposition the kind of free kicks around our box and in midfield, which we do not get, or booking our players, even young rookie players, for some first foul incidents in games, many of which appear innocuous, or even borderline fouls, while letting off, warning, or just booking the opposition's more experienced and notoriously dirty players with fouls that could easily have seen a red card for? I do not think that the EFL, or their employees have been lenient with us at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Sorry to go again but when people are posting utter nonsense like that I had to go further and get the numbers. Huddersfield’s net spend on transfers was £2.7 million. Ours was £9.81 million. Our wages were also an absurdly higher amount than Huddersfield 

 

There was a league table produced re. spending for that season and it was uploaded onto here and they were ahead of us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Chansiri gets as upset about all his money that’s gone down swanny as we do on here arguing about it 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I wonder if Chansiri gets as upset about all his money that’s gone down swanny as we do on here arguing about it 

I suppose it depends if it is his money or his daddy's lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The massive difference with most of the teams that get promoted to ourselves is they use the loan market well. We sign players then never play them, or bring in unfit players or worse ones that are not simple good enough.

 

Huddersfield brought in Danny Ward (played 40+ games 11 clean sheets), Aaron Mooys (40+ games 5 goals 7 assists) and Elis Kachunga (12 goals, 4 assists) which was the backbone of their team, 

Brighton bought in Glenn Murray who scored them 23 goals

We brought in Will Buckley (11 games but only 2 starts) , McManaman (just 10 games but again only 2 starts) and Jordan Rhodes (17 games but only 3 goals)

 

We have since Stuart gray left been useless at getting in good loans that improve us Murphy has probably been the best and hector at time last season but the rest have been woeful.

 

I’ve stated many times that there was a conflict between our recruitment policy and the manager’s team philosophy.

 

I broadly agree with you but it’s all much easier with hindsight after going very close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royal_D said:

I wonder if Chansiri gets as upset about all his money that’s gone down swanny as we do on here arguing about it 

 

I get upset by money I have lost in my own business. But the end analysis remains the same. The buck lies with me. Even if other people have wasted money on his behalf, that is down to bad business decision making.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

 

Is it possible for Owlstalk to give us a rundown of the best theories so far and let us all vote for our favourite while saying why we love our special one ?

 

My favourite theory so far is the Jeff Stelling (or was it Doyen?) one whereby we get a point deduction after the season is over due to a conspiracy brought about by the EFL's bad advice cocking things up for us. 

 

As we all really know nothing about the hearing, or what might happen next for me this theory seems to be the ideal scenario for (almost) everybody really. It answers everybody's prayers, except for the one club that could possibly have stayed up if we had got one more point deducted of course but let's face it, the poorest performing teams going down has been the fair and acknowledged way to relegate teams up to now hasn't it? We have been poor, and have had a squad of mediocre and substandard players mixed in with inexperienced and over experienced, unmotivated, overpaid players, some of whom have had contracts that ran out recently and couldn't be bothered to play out a few games for the obscene wages that they have been paid, leaving us totally decimated, yet we have still outperformed the really poor teams that are still below us and played some entertaining football for the most part, with the players showing a marked improvement on the games played before lock-down.

 

I do have a few problems with this lovely theory Like, if the EFL wanted us to get as many points as possible, why have they made it more difficult for us by giving us a day less than our opposition to recover for a third of the games that were left to be played, when they had so much time to come up with a fixture list and game dates that would favour us slightly and why are their referees still gifting the opposition the kind of free kicks around our box and in midfield, which we do not get, or booking our players, even young rookie players, for some first foul incidents in games, many of which appear innocuous, or even borderline fouls, while letting off, warning, or just booking the opposition's more experienced and notoriously dirty players with fouls that could easily have seen a red card for? I do not think that the EFL, or their employees have been lenient with us at all.  

This lock down is giving people way to much time to think.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

There was a league table produced re. spending for that season and it was uploaded onto here and they were ahead of us.

 

 

I’d love to see it mate. I wouldn’t make any sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

I get upset by money I have lost in my own business. But the end analysis remains the same. The buck lies with me. Even if other people have wasted money on his behalf, that is down to bad business decision making.


Agree,  what baffles me though is people

seem to have this idea that the owner passes the responsibility for stuff that’s gone wrong ?  Where’s he said these things ? Because I’ve 100% missed them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

I get upset by money I have lost in my own business. But the end analysis remains the same. The buck lies with me. Even if other people have wasted money on his behalf, that is down to bad business decision making.

Yeah, but...but, there`s no exact science to success in football and... and

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

I’ve stated many times that there was a conflict between our recruitment policy and the manager’s team philosophy.

 

I broadly agree with you but it’s all much easier with hindsight after going very close.

That first paragraph I absolutely agree with. Managers have openly said they aren’t involved in transfers. DC also even said he sold Hunt because the fans wanted to see Palmer and signed Rhodes because some fans asked him too. What a way to run a football club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...