Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

400 not out. Well done Owlstalk.

Edited by Nero
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, striker said:

I agree and I think DC is learning this lesson. 

 

But again, have to balance the need of squad at the time and the sincerity of the enquiry. 

OK, its been 5 years. Hes a bright bloke apparently. I question the gradient of the learning curve.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Come on for god sake. Just kill us.

Edited by Nero
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hardest part of all this is if that Chansiri has learned a valuable lesson? Don’t matter which way the verdict goes he has to change the way he operates our club? Football unlike most other businesses? You can throw as much money at it and it still won’t work? Just look at premier league? Clubs spending millions just to stay there? Most clubs that get out of our league get lucky? As in the right manager right time? Wilder with unwashed beilsa with those up m1? Right manager right recruitment unearthed right gems at the right time? Or wolves good manager good agent right players? ( know they just went for it but so did we?) it’s now dc gota get shut of leaches around him and get someone in to properly advise him with the club best interests at heart? But do I think he will? No I don’t unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Big Jack said:

Covid should not make a difference , we were charged in Nov, they have had plenty of time and its been done by zoom anyway I believe.

 

That would then suggest that any punishment would normally relate to next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grandad said:

400 pages of complete b*****cks

 

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s quite simple really.  He, along with others, have identified a potential loophole to offset spending which aimed for success but ultimately failed inside a “system” that is inherently outdated and unfair.

 

You can argue all day about the journey that got us here.

 

You can speculate forever about the unknown details and the unknown outcome and eventual consequences but I think the motive is pretty clear.

 

All the clubs who have gone for the loophole have spent lots of money and just missed promotion apart from Villa who arguably are in the biggest trouble of all involved if they do get relegated.

 

They HAD to go up last year but even that may not have saved them IF they do come back down but the crime may have been worth the punishment.

 

You could actually argue ironically that we should have done a Wolves and properly gone for it to compete with the parachute payment clubs.

Last paragraph is the route we should have taken IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nero said:

YES ...400 pages!

 

I was hoping to be the first but never mind, at least I’ve not shat my pants so far today.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Maybe we’ve won the case .....and Chansiri will be a hero ....??.....🤫😉😉

OMG if we win this case some fans are literally going to think this aren’t they? I despair

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

OK, its been 5 years. Hes a bright bloke apparently. I question the gradient of the learning curve.

Me too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Last paragraph is the route we should have taken IMO.

 

Oooooooooooooooooh.  Controversial!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Last paragraph is the route we should have taken IMO.

The difference being, they had a top agent, who knew what he was doing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

OK, its been 5 years. Hes a bright bloke apparently. I question the gradient of the learning curve.

I think we've been more prudent of late and only time will tell, however why not put your name down for the next fans forum and have a chat with DC  he's quite approachable 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Last paragraph is the route we should have taken IMO.

 

Difference between us and Wolves is they appointed a manager who knows what he is doing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

400 pages of complete b*****cks

I bet you`ve read every page though :biggrin:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, striker said:

I think we've been more prudent of late and only time will tell, however why not put your name down for the next fans forum and have a chat with DC  he's quite approachable 😀

Im sure there are plenty of other people asking the same questions. Pretty certain me questioning would make no difference whatsoever. Happy to leave the flogging of a dead horse to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

 

Difference between us and Wolves is they appointed a manager who knows what he is doing. 

I dont think thats the only difference between the 2 clubs, i could be wrong though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s quite simple really.  He, along with others, have identified a potential loophole to offset spending which aimed for success but ultimately failed inside a “system” that is inherently outdated and unfair.

 

You can argue all day about the journey that got us here.

 

You can speculate forever about the unknown details and the unknown outcome and eventual consequences but I think the motive is pretty clear.

 

All the clubs who have gone for the loophole have spent lots of money and just missed promotion apart from Villa who arguably are in the biggest trouble of all involved if they do get relegated.

 

They HAD to go up last year but even that may not have saved them IF they do come back down but the crime may have been worth the punishment.

 

You could actually argue ironically that we should have done a Wolves and properly gone for it to compete with the parachute payment clubs.

You make it sound like this was his master plan all along. Sorry but it wasn’t; he stumbled across the loophole at the last minute, rightly or wrongly. And even then may have made a pigs ear of it. 
 

I still find it odd how at the fans forum he was harping on about FFP worries (whilst doing zilch about it) when given the date of the stadium sale it should have actually been dealt with pre the fans forum. 
 

there’s also loads of cases were stupid spending doesn’t bring success; it’s not a given. Just look at the clubs that have been promoted in recent years - running a club with plans and structure can go a long long way. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

OMG if we win this case some fans are literally going to think this aren’t they? I despair

 

Already a hero in my eyes. 

 

He saved our club and gave us not one, but TWO years that were considered fairly decent.

 

We should appreciate that with everything we've got.

 

If the club goes out of business now at least we had that very brief period where we weren't considered dog turd.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...