Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

Very puzzled with all this ground selling, what did Chansiri buy when he bought Wednesday, did he not buy the ground with the club because his name is all over the f----in place. So what difference dose it make if on paper he sells it back to himself, he can't sell the club without a ground or ground without a club so why is everyone getting so fizzed up about it

 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

i think he could .......

 

Yes, Duchatelet did exactly that at Charlton. ESI bought the club, but Duchatelet still owns the stadium & training ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only come on here to read cos' a few people on here know more about this case than me.

 

I probably could find this information elsewhere on the internet but at least  you can have a laugh on here.

 

But the verdict is another story.

 

It's obvious most of the stuff about  the verdict is just a hunch.

 

It's just the way and timing it's been conducted is doing nothing but creating tension in our supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i think he could .......

Well that's good then he could sell it to his son this year to raise another 60 mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment I come on here every 10 - 15 minutes to see if anything has happened and have been for over a week now.

 

Most of it is rumours and made up stuff but I just know that the minute I stop visiting something will happen.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s quite simple really.  He, along with others, have identified a potential loophole to offset spending which aimed for success but ultimately failed inside a “system” that is inherently outdated and unfair.

 

You can argue all day about the journey that got us here.

 

You can speculate forever about the unknown details and the unknown outcome and eventual consequences but I think the motive is pretty clear.

 

All the clubs who have gone for the loophole have spent lots of money and just missed promotion apart from Villa who arguably are in the biggest trouble of all involved if they do get relegated.

 

They HAD to go up last year but even that may not have saved them IF they do come back down but the crime may have been worth the punishment.

 

You could actually argue ironically that we should have done a Wolves and properly gone for it to compete with the parachute payment clubs.

Edited by sonofbert2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I like the bits in bold, did you know Chansiri and Carlos are bezzy mates? I mean "bezzy mates" still in regular contact.

 

No, but I’m not surprised I also don’t understand your point

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billyblack said:

he did have offers, he has openly said he doesnt like selling players, not sure of your point. The offers werent for peanuts either, again, not sure of your point

The offers were in the most part derisory. I do think he made a mistake not selling FF a couple of seasons ago, but then again the 'offer' was only an enquiry and not the £10m rumoured. 

 

My point about selling players for peanuts, referenced the pre DC days, when we weren't bankrolled and had to sell the likes of Whelan, Antonio etc for under market value to survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

Well that's good then he could sell it to his son this year to raise another 60 mil

 

How does he do that then?

 

Dejphon Chansiri does not technically own the ground. It is a Hong Kong registered company opened by DC. Does Att Chansiri own a company or likely to register a company for this purpose?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bet on Betfair on us to get relegated is shown now as settled and we aren't listed any longer in the market. Interesting and slightly surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Hey, our managers may not have been good appointments, is that because we dont have an owner who knows what hes doing or a board who know what they require in order to achieve the targets they have set the club? Whats the mechanism to appoint a manager, is there a plan to share? Who is responsible for these appointments, the manager himself or someone else? The manager may not work out but they dont appoint themselves. 

Totally accept that Billy and of course chansiri is responsible. I would say he’s got two right and two wrong so far. My original point was that he’s got it wrong with monk and we should get rid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rafterowl said:

The problem with this site at the moment is that posters are stating opinions or rumours, often based upon nothing much. That is fine, but then others are using these opinions/rumours as fact. As far as I can tell nobody know owt, but you would never guess that reading some of the posts.

 

I/m happy to disclosethat I know F all, and won't believe anything until it's been offically announced by the EFL or SWFC.

That way, my life doesnt become a massive "blue sky" world, neither do I have to keep the fires of Hades burning my a$$..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, striker said:

The offers were in the most part derisory. I do think he made a mistake not selling FF a couple of seasons ago, but then again the 'offer' was only an enquiry and not the £10m rumoured. 

 

My point about selling players for peanuts, referenced the pre DC days, when we weren't bankrolled and had to sell the likes of Whelan, Antonio etc for under market value to survive. 

Well enquiries are there to be followed up on and explored. Some of the figures 'rumoured' at the time werent derisory and higher than what we paid for the player.

 

Simple fact is, the club needs to sell players as our revenue stream isnt enough. Thats why certain people are employed or should be employed to increase that revenue stream when opportunities arise. Not sit there and glibly state that we dont sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

My bet on Betfair on us to get relegated is shown now as settled and we aren't listed any longer in the market. Interesting and slightly surprising. 

 

Still live on Bet365

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

 

We do need to start looking at player trading as a way to balance our books - so yes, sometimes selling our prized assets is a necessary evil

 

We were offered £12m for FF in 2017. He's been one of my all time favourite players - but had he been sold for such a huge profit that enabled us to invest in 2 or 3 quality young players, I could have lived with that

Absolutely, I agree. I also think DC is learning and now more willing to do this. 

 

I spoke briefly to DC at one of the fans forums about the FF offer. I got some cobblers about being a family, his sons favourite player, but he also said hes not stupid and dont believe what is reported. He said we'd had enquiries, but not at the figures quoted and no firm offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Totally accept that Billy and of course chansiri is responsible. I would say he’s got two right and two wrong so far. My original point was that he’s got it wrong with monk and we should get rid. 

May well be the case, IMO he needs longer to show either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I only come on here to read cos' a few people on here know more about this case than me.

 

I probably could find this information elsewhere on the internet but at least  you can have a laugh on here.

 

But the verdict is another story.

 

It's obvious most of the stuff about  the verdict is just a hunch.

 

It's just the way and timing it's been conducted is doing nothing but creating tension in our supporters.

 

The timing is atrocious.

 

What I don’t know or understand is whether the hearing/decision would have normally happened now or is it delayed due to Covid?  i.e after the normal season would have finished already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

 

Still live on Bet365

They will take your money for most things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A late cut past third man down to the boundary rope for four and Page 400 !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billyblack said:

Well enquiries are there to be followed up on and explored. Some of the figures 'rumoured' at the time werent derisory and higher than what we paid for the player.

 

Simple fact is, the club needs to sell players as our revenue stream isnt enough. Thats why certain people are employed or should be employed to increase that revenue stream when opportunities arise. Not sit there and glibly state that we dont sell.

I agree and I think DC is learning this lesson. 

 

But again, have to balance the need of squad at the time and the sincerity of the enquiry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

The timing is atrocious.

 

What I don’t know or understand is whether the hearing/decision would have normally happened now or is it delayed due to Covid?  i.e after the normal season would have finished already?

Covid should not make a difference , we were charged in Nov, they have had plenty of time and its been done by zoom anyway I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...